Monday, February 18, 2019

Dust off a Quilt Book Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on the   Dust Off A Quilt Book   Blog Hop.  Thanks go out to Bea over at Beaquilter for the idea and the organization behind this event.  The point of this hop as most of you know was to find a quilt book, an old quilt book and dust it off and make something from it.


I had no trouble finding this book. It was one of several stored in a box in my garage since we moved to Florida 4 years ago.  The issue was to figure out what I wanted to make from it. The book has a copyright of 2002.  I did make this cutie as a wall hanging when I first got the book.


You need to trust me on that since I can't locate it in my Easter storage bin at the moment.


When I opened the book I found the beginnings of this banner.  Never finished it and thought it might  be a good time to take it from UFO to finished, but not.  I'm just not a banner person and don't have any friends that are either.


 If anyone out there is interested let me know. The first person I hear from can have all of the pieces.


Next thought was to use my embroidery machine and make an applique from this design.  I spent hours playing at doing something I had no training in with a toy that I wasn't really sure could do what I wanted it to do. 


As I was running out of time I decided to go back to the old fashioned way of applique using heat and bond.



Then one last try and I got this far.  Not exactly what I wanted but close enough to be usable for a bag.  I was so excited that I completely finished the bag before I realized I never quilted it. I may go back and open a couple of seams and do some, or not.  But I did manage to get my goal of some machine embroidery into this hop.





Because I didn't know where the bag would end up I did use that piece I put together with Heat and Bond to make a sweet one hour basket.


I had also made an egg from the book, for testing, that I ended up making into a little draw string bag.

Thanks for stopping in and visiting. Please take the time to visit all of the sew very talented participants in this hop you'll be so glad you did. Here is the complete list for your convenience.

Monday Feb 18th
Turid at densyendehimmel
Pamela at Pamelaquilts
Selina at Selinaquilts
Kathleen at Kathleenmcmusing

Tuesday Feb 19th
Jennifer at curlicuecreations
Stephanie at stephjacobsondesigns
Kathy at Kathysquilts
Shasta at high road quilter
Theresa at bumbleberrystitches


Wednesday Feb 20th
Sharon at Vrooman’s quilts
Suzy at Websterquilt
Nancy at patchworkbreeze
Karrin at karrinscrazyworld
Denise at craftraditions

Thursday Feb 21st
Leanne at Devoted Quilter
Jennifer at Dizzyquilter
Lee Anne at Podunk Pretties
Lyndsey at Sew Many Yarns

Friday Feb 22nd
Bea at Beaquilter
Barbara at Bejweledquilts
Marian at seams to be sew
Brenda at songbirddesigns



23 comments:

  1. I would be happy to finish the banner! At my church Arts and Crafts group we could finish that for our Easter projects! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just send me a mailing address and I'll get it out to you.

      Delete
  2. There’s a lot of fun stuff in those quilting books. I have the same one. Your “unquilted” basket turned out adorable! The bags are also sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one hour basket pattern - works up quickly and you can make the outside into anything. This will be a great piece for some seasonal decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great basket!! Sometimes I look at my older books and wonder why I ever bought them? Our tastes and interests grow and evolve on this wonderful journey of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect time of year to be working on spring projects, and good that you brought this book out of hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lots of her books, but I don't think that one is in my "stash". :-( Cute little projects though. The baskets would be great quilt retreat gifties. Who doesn't need things like that at retreats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute projects, I want to make a basket one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute little projects for spring! You're not alone in hurrying to finish a project and leaving out a whole step (I'm not saying how I know!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet Easter projects! Embroidery machines can be tricky (for me) and I definitely don't have it mastered. You've done way more with yours than I have. Looks like such a cute bunny in that book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool basket and bag! So pretty! Enjoy your day! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects for spring! I love the little bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely projects. sounds like you had fun. thanks for sharing
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that this looks like spring! It is a cold snowy day in the northeast. I also love Art to Heart books. This one looks like a keeper. Thank you for sharing in the hop ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've made a lot of projects from one book! All these containers are so pretty, and functional too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your applique bags are sweet and I love your basket.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sew cute! I have that book somewhere, too. I especially like your 1 hour basket. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I can't believe how quickly the last four years have flown. I remember when you were in NJ, sending me knitted helmet liners and counting the days until your move.

    Love the little bags and I'm happy to see you are enjoying your embroidery machine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was nice that you had the blog hop to rediscover that book and get something made from it. I like the flowers on the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those Easter projects are darling!! Thanks for sharing them with the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your basket and bags are adorable! The Easter projects in the book all look very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Those are really cute appliqués. Isn't it fun to go back to see that these books are still relevant?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.