I used 2 skeins of yarn that I found in my stash to go with a pattern I had on hand. I would have liked it a bit larger but this worked out just about perfectly. I did have to modify the last row. When I did it the first time I was about 50 single crochets short. Ripped them out and finished up using slip stitches instead.
I've also continued doing some Sashiko projects.
Last week I took the piece from above and made it into a zip pouch. In the process I broke a needle sewing in the zipper into 4 pieces.
And then there is my machine. This month I took a one on one class at the store where I purchased the machine. (Sharkeys Sew N Vac, Wildwood, FL) They offer an amazing support system for their customers. I learned how to take a line design and convert it into a machine embroidered piece or a machine applique piece.
Last summer I used many of the ideas in Minki Kims book Diary in Stitches to do my raw edge applique quilt. Now I have mastered how to use them on my machine for a slightly different look.
This one from last August
This one from last week
I've also been working on several other items both embroidery and basic sewing. They will be available for your viewing pleasure on July 18. My day for the annual 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop brought to you by Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Hope to see you then.