Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Foodie Blog Hop - Oh Yum

This turned out to be a very productive hop for me so thank you    Carla from over at Creatinthesticks  for coming up with this great idea.  When I saw the name of this hop I thought it would be a great reason for me to route through my food based novelty fabrics.  I wasn't sure if I had any or not but I did assume I must have some somewhere.  Found these so I knew I had a jumping off point.


About the same time as I was thinking about expanding the search I went to a meeting of one of the craft based groups I belong to who do lots of work with organizations with needs.  This month one of the groups was in need of pillow cases.  Our group had pre cut fabric and instructions waiting for those of us who were machine sewers.  I took fabric for 3 cases and the instruction sheet.



Well the instruction sheet they handed us made for some very, very boring plain pillow cases. I made 2 their way and decided to go hunt down  a better version.  Over the years I have made well over a dozen of the pillow cases with the contrasting edge. In my folder of links to tutorials I found it.

Crafty Gemini's Burrito Pillow Case

Yes, most definitely FOOD


Well with the fabric I got from the group the first go round I made 2 boring pillow cases and 2 Burrito Pillow cases ( with a little help from my stash ) Then with a little more help from my stash I whipped out 2 more.  


Turned them in at the next meeting and found out the group was a bit short on their commitment so I made  2 more.  


Then celebrated the completion of 2 projects by going out with a friend for a Mexican lunch (tee hee ).  

I hope you are enjoying the hop so far and will continue to acquire more ideas over the next couple of days . Here is a list of everyone participating, remember there are no calories in these posts.


24 comments:

  1. they look lovely I'm sure they will brighten their recipients day or night

    ReplyDelete
  2. The burrito pillowcase pattern is my favorite as well. 'Love those food-themed fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why my comment published as Anonymous. The burrito pillowcase pattern is my favorite. Those food-themed fabrics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burrito,hmm, even the pattern name is a foodie. Great project. The citrus fruit fabric is a wowser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the burrito pillowcase pattern. It is actually the first pattern I am going to teach my niece when she visits with Aunt Julia to learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice of you to help out by making them even more pillowcases. I have made the burrito case, easy and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillowcases are great! I love all the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my groups also makes the Burrito-Style Pillowcases. So fun and quick to make. All of your pillowcases are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha!, Selina, you’ve taken the fun route for this foodie hop! Your pillow cases all look great. Maybe the next go around the group will be asking for your instructions to make the more fun looking cases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your pillow cases. no mam they are not boring, they are fun and happy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are definitely not boring...so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pillowcases! I'm sure they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were very creative with your Foodie post. I love this method of making pillow cases.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Burrito pillowcases are the best! Yours are much cuter than what you were provided to make initially.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Burrito Pillow Case is the best interpretation of this blog. What lovely sweet dreams will come with these pillow cases. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet dreams will happen on those pretty pillow cases. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects. Love that fishy fabric up top too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love making burrito pillow cases - aren't you clever. I love it. Thank you for joining the Foodie Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute pillow cases. They are so much fun to make. But seriously going out for Mexican food to celebrate is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhh yeah, burrito method pillowcase for the win! I have some taco fabric that would translate into a pillowcase quite well... hmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely fabrics. Pillowcases can be boring but the burrito method sure does make them fun! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your pillowcases Selina! And do you need more Food fabric? I'l put together a box and send it down to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.