Sunday, May 31, 2015

H2H 2015 Commitment Completed

This year I committed to making 3 quilts for the H2H 2015 Challenge.  I am happy to say that last night at 10:45 I completed the third quilt.


Of the 3, this one is my favorite. So bright and cheery.


I wasn't sure I'd be finished with these in time since over the past 2 weeks I've flown back and forth to NJ twice. 2 weeks ago we went back for a memorial service for MJ's side of the family and while there signed off on the house we were selling. 

We got home for the holiday weekend and I quilted these last 2 quilts, only the bindings to go and a full week till the linky party.  Best laid plans.

Monday night I got a call that my dad's youngest sister had passed away. Wednesday I was back on a plane to NJ. It was a bitter sweet trip. With all of the sadness of her death and the beautiful funeral service ( she worked for NYPD for many years so there was an honor guard and bag pipes) came the up side of seeing cousins that sadly to say we are seeing more and more at funerals than family reunions.  I have 30 first cousins on this side of the family spread out over 7 states. 17 of us made it to the funeral.


Came back Friday and started on the bindings.  This picture is of the backing for quilt one.  Too much sun, the fabric is more pale yellows and pale bright pink than this photo shows.


This was the second of the quilts bound this weekend.


Here is a close up of the bird houses that comprise the centers. It is from the same line of fabrics as the first quilt I finished for the challenge.

I missed taking a photo of the back which was a Target sheet patterned with pale gray and white tiny chevrons


This is the first quilt I finished for this years challenge it is made up of various birds in the center.


I backed it with polka dots.



I hope to get them in the mail this week.

Thanks need to go out to  Sarah for coordinating and guiding us through yet another great Challenge year.  Thanks also to all of the other participants of this years challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Your challenge quilts are beautiful! I'm so sorry for your loss. Having attended funerals of police officers, I've seen the bagpipes at the services. It's very sweet, but so sad sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore all three but those bird houses are really special. It's amazing you've done so much especially with so much going on. I am really sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy for your loss. And congratulations on still fullfilling your committments. Love Joann's pattern done up in the brights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts will be loved Selina. They are beautiful. Blessings to you for your generous heart . I hope to get my act together for next year's Hands to Help. Hugs for your grieving heart. I'm sorry for your loss. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beauties ... three families will be comforted by your donations. And you finished them during difficult times for your own family ... my best wishes for better times, and reunions for good reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful quilts. Awesome job on getting 3 quilts done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts Selina! Very generous and caring of you to give so much of yourself for the comfort of others. I am so sorry for your loss. Finishing these quilts during your difficult time fills them with even more love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful quilts! Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts are awesome! Maybe I ca be a bit more creative with mine next year.

    So sorry your travels home weren't for more pleasant reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Selina, your quilts are beautiful and sure to bring a smile to someone in need! I'm so sorry to hear of all the sad reasons for your travels - hopefully life will get back to normal for you soon. Thanks for participating in the Challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three are great, but I agree with you.. the first is my favorite. So bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great. I'm so sorry for all the craziness in your life lately but hopefully things will quiet down now for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your recent losses. All three quilts are great. I love the bright color quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful quilts. I really like the bright one too. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I love all your quilts, but that bright one really caught my eye, I love the bright colors. Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all beautiful! Especially love the brights. I am sorry for your loss and all you've been through lately. Hope it's smoother sailing soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.