Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pouch / Wallet replacement

Now that I have mastered the basic zip pouch I thought I’d try to expand my horizons.  I wanted a pouch that I could take with me instead of my big purse with all of its “stuff”. Pretty much a pouch that could double as my wallet but could hold my phone and keys as well.

I figured that I needed a few slots for credit cards, license, AAA and medical ID cards and a place for cash.  I also wanted a zippered pocket for changes and a little space in-between for the phone.  I didn’t want it big enough for “the stuff”.  I actually wanted this pouch in my purse so I could just grab it and run.

I didn’t have a pattern and was really too into NCIS an NCISLA to search the internet for a pattern or tut so I improvised.  Here she is.







I’m pretty pleased with this first attempt.  Next time I would place the slots higher on the side and make the bill fold section much deeper and with maybe a button or Velcro at its top.  The zippered change section is just what I wanted.  I would probably look for a tut on that type of pocket before I attempt another. I got it in but I have to believe there is a better way than how I did it.

We leave for a short vacation on Friday so I can give it a real trial run and see if I need to tweak anything else before attempting another. Someone I work with has already put in a request for one once I finalize my idea.

Don’t forget to go visit the Table Topper Blog Hoppers,  The list is in the previous posting.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. That is a super cute pouch! I just finished my second zippered pouch and I love how versatile they are. I quite like the card slots on your pouch - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to make one of these types of pouches for about a year now. I really need to get going. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you really didn't need to find a tutorial, you were fine all on your own!Looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.