Monday, September 26, 2011

Another busy weekend

After making my first Jelly Roll quilt I got it into my head that one in blacks and whites would be terrific.  Great idea but couldn't find a Jelly Roll that met my requirements so I purchased 14 regular cut fat quarters and cut myself some strips.  Friday night I sat down in front of the TV to clean up some recorded shows and started to sew.  This is such an easy quilt you need something else going on such as TV, movie or book.  I meant to officially time this project but forgot.  I think it took about 4 hours excluding the ironing which you do at the very end.



It's actually about 40 by 60 inches.  I'm noticing that I didn't do such a great job and getting it all in the picture.  Maybe once it's quilted I'll do it right.

I am currently in a quilt along that is scheduled to be completed later this week.  Since I had all of my other scheduled commitments done I figured I would finish this one up so I could link it up to Make a Gift on the 25th.


It's a table runner about 35 X 15.  It's the tree from the petite forest pattern which is a wall hanging.  I love it and I know the person I made it for will love it too.

OK so that's 2 things off the list and I think I only added 1 thing to it last week so I'm ahead for a day or 2.  Time to see what mischief I can get into now.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love table runners! I just wish I had more tables ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt! :o)
    I am loving jelly rolls
    too, and would love to cut
    some of my own fabrics as you
    have to make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white quilt! And the tree table runner is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.