Sunday, November 13, 2022

Music hop


Hi there. This post will give you a teeny tiny bit of my background. So here we go....I think of myself as a good big sister  and aunt etc. etc. I am a very good and supportive friend and I am in a very loving lifetime reationship. I am a lifetime crafter who will try any craft at least once but mainly a quilter.  I believe mainly a quilter due to the support of this group. I've been hanging out and learning from so many of you for I believe, more than 10 years.  But the key information you need to know from me today is 

I CAN'T CARRY A TUNE IN A BASKET

So, welcome to my day at the Music hop


I really can't carry a tune at all. Friends and family shut me down on a regular basis when exposed to my attempts so figuring out what to do for this hop was a wee bit of a challenge. And then the obvious answer popped into my head.

As I previously mentioned 




I can't carry a tune in a basket

I haven't made a throw pillow in ages and this one went together with no issues until the very last minute when I went to put the pillow in and realized I never got one.  So for these pictures I stuffed my pillow case with batting scraps, not exactly the look I was going for but it hits the nail on its head.


I used the same fabric on the back that I used for the background for the basket.


I loved how it turned out and I so enjoyed running with a silly idea.
Below find the list of all of the participants in this hop. I'm looking forward to lots of great ideas and additions to my to do list from this very talented group..
Thanks for stopping by.










27 comments:

  1. Oh you made me smile! Your project is great. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project with a very clever them to it! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that's clever! Cute design and darling fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same basket as you. Lol I don't create music myself, but I sure do love and appreciate it. Your pillow is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful idea. just by looking at this I can see what you were trying to achieve. If you dont mind I will be coping it. my husband and I love music. he plays acoustic guitar, electric guitar and sings in the choir at church. me on the other hand, I used to play the piano and the alto saxophone. but singing was so enjoyable, but carry a tune? well lets just say I dont join the choir. thanks for sharing and for inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thank you for the giggle. Thank fabric is a definite love and I love your pillow. It's such a great conversation starter. You are so clever and always amaze me with your ideas. Thanks for hopping with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever idea, and the pillow looks so cute. I also cannot carry a tune in a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest idea, Selina. You nailed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol what a great way to represent your, um, vocal challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pillow is beautiful and funny all in one...such a cute idea! One of the things I love about you is your willingness to try different things and share them with us. I've learned a lot from you! My singing voice is sketchy at times, but I do try when it is necessary. The Monkey Boys all sing so beautifully that it often gets me teary-eyed. Thanks for sharing, Selina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! You are so funny. I am thinking my family thinks the same way about me and my tunes, but I have to say, my shower has never complained! tee hee hee I love your pillow and I know it's going to make you smile every time you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not everyone can be blessed with every skill. You are definitely blessed with a creative mind and some awesome hand sewing skills. Love the pillow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I resemble that pillow, too! Forbidden to sing at my own confirmation by stern nuns....can't carry a tune. I am laughing at the way you immortalized this - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hilariously beautiful! Way to turn a loss into a gain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, it made me laugh. Very clever idea~

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute pillow! Love the notes dancing around the basket. I can't carry a tune either, but that pillow is a lovely tribute to music.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can relate!!! I can only carry a tune in my fingers! Love your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your "take" on the challenge. I am with you - cannot sing to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! I feel your pain and resemble your remarks about carrying a tune. Super cute pillow, though! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  20. That music (notes) fabric is wonderful. I, too, can't carry a tune in a basket. Your pillow is excellent and very NOTE worthy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your creative and unexpected idea. Your pillow case is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You carried this tune very nicely. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea and your pillow is adorable! I do think you carried your tune very well here! Thanks for sharing, Selina!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think it was a great idea and am glad you put the words into a picture/quilt/pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.