Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Keeping Busy

With all this staying home I'm doing I have determined to get some good use out of my ScanNCut. If I see something I find interesting I YouTube it to death and give it a try.


These cards were done using files found on google  and files that are on the SNC itself. They are made using vinyl on card stock.


These cards are made using a watercolor file printed onto card stock and then having the mandala design cut out and attached to a plain cardstock backing.


No need of the SNC for this set of Granny potholders. It is just one of 8 sets made so far since March.  They are what I do when I watch TV.  They are just 42 rounds of single crochet.


This week I came across  "Safety First" for Moda panels to make silly masks. This was a fun break from the other masks I've been making on a weekly basis.


Back to using the SNC I saw a video on glass etching and thought I'd give that a try.
Dollar Tree is such a lovely place to shop for plain glass pieces.


It's very hard to take photos of etched glass.


I also worked on tee shirts for family.  My niece and her husband are triathletes. They sent me a picture of their 1 year old on a bike so what else could I do. 


A friend of mine does Swedish Weaving and thought I might be interested in giving it a try. I do love the outcome of this pincushion but I cheated on how I got there.


And then I managed to get a quilt top done.  Hopefully I will get it sandwiched and quilted by this time next week.

So that pretty much covers most of what I've been up to with the exception of the goodies I have been working on for next weeks  Christmas in July (then and now) Blog Hop. Hopping to see you there for all of the wonderful ideas that will be showcased by all of the participating quilters
.


3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! You have been super busy and with all wonderful projects. I had one of the earlier versions of the SNC. It didn't do near the things today's model does. I'm happy to see that you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pandemic time also means "dabbling time," as I too have found myself skipping from project to project. It's difficult to remain focused on one thing. Those crocheted potholders... are they thick enough to protect one's fingers from being burned? I'm thinking of the old loom potholders we made and how fingertips could slide between the stitches and be burned. Is the crocheted sort more protection? Your glass-etching is fascinating (even if it doesn't photograph well). And I love that you've tried Swedish weaving (huck-weaving). Your pillow is beautiful! Love the color changes. Years ago (when I owned a needlework shop) I did it too, stitching the edges of kitchen towels. Yay for a finished quilt top! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selina I'm amazed at your ability to conquer all the crafts you've tried! I'm most grateful to be the recipient of two beautifully crocheted potholders and a gorgeous hand stitched pincushion! And I can't say enough about the card you cleverly created on your SNC!!
    So glad this Pandemic didn't slow you down!!
    Love you!
    June

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.