Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Little Crochet, A Little Sashiko and A Little fun on the Embroidery Machine

I've been keeping myself busy with a variety of projects.  When I went out of town last month I started a crochet project because it was easy to work on on the plane and in the hotel.




I used 2 skeins of yarn that I found in my stash to go with a pattern I had on hand.  I would have liked it a bit larger but this worked out just about perfectly.  I did have to modify the last row.  When I did it the first time I was about 50 single crochets short.  Ripped them out and finished up using slip stitches instead.


I've also continued doing some Sashiko projects.



No goal for them, more like busy work.  These too were started on the trip with no sewing machine access.


Last week I took the piece from above and made it into a zip pouch.  In the process I broke a needle sewing in the zipper into 4 pieces.  

And then there is my machine.  This month I took a one on one class at the store where I purchased the machine.  (Sharkeys Sew N Vac, Wildwood, FL) They offer an amazing support system for their customers. I learned how to take a line design and convert it into a machine embroidered piece or a machine applique piece.

Last summer I used many of the ideas in Minki Kims book Diary in Stitches  to do my raw edge applique quilt.  Now I have mastered how to use them on my machine for a slightly different look.


This one from last August


This one from last week


And this one from this week for a friend. also from her book.






I've also been working on several other items both embroidery and basic sewing.  They will be available for your viewing pleasure on July 18.  My day for the annual 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop brought to you by Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Hope to see you then. 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely variety of projects you've been working on! I'm looking forward to the Christmas in July blog hop :) and Yes I will be back to see your post! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.