Friday, June 19, 2015

More Place mats, Love-seat protection and my first 1 hour basket

If anyone asked what crafting I would be doing this past week after I posted my last blog I would have said finish a quilt top that is in progress or work on my  Vortex scrap blocks. Didn't work out that way.


On Monday I went to JoAnns armed with coupons and picked up some home dec fabric that I could use for furniture protection.We have a very active dog who is allowed full run of the furniture. (Bad parenting skills) The love seat is leather and is about 3 months old.  It is already showing signs of dog scratches. We tried covering the love seat with a quilt but its shear weight on the slippery leather made it fall off several times a day. I came up with this two piece idea that can be pulled off in seconds for company or for laundering.


  I had a little left and made a couple of pillows for the sofa.  


Who could holler at that face?


While I was at JoAnns I found this piece of burlap that worked up wonderfully for a summer catch all on the porch.  It too was on sale. This is the one hour basket that you can find the tutorial for free on Craftsy.  Really does get done in an hour or less.  


And last but far from least I managed to pop out 4 placemats. We are going to visit friends in their new home. They love placemats, so I thought I'd find a block that I liked and have at it.


I used some half square triangles with a white background and pale grey binding. The back which I forgot to photograph is white with grey lines in chevrons. 

All in all a very productive week. Maybe next week I can finish that quilt top I started.

5 comments:

  1. She looks happy with the new couch cover! I have the 1-hr basket bookmarked - these look like great gift items (filled with goodies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive week indeed , well done on the cover for your couch ! Love the basket too , I have that pattern but have yet to give it a go , you may have convinced me .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy,oy,oy.......you are productive and inspiring! !!! Gonna take a nap now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did get a lot done. Absolutely love those placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea to put a cover on the love seat and it is a pretty one too. No...I couldn't holler at that cute face either.

    Love the place mats, more pretty fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.