Thursday, October 11, 2012

This weeks doings and we have a winner

I have been doing quite a bit of sewing these past couple of weeks much of which I can't post pictures of because they are for the next 2 blog hops that I have signed up for.
 
 
 
These are some pictures of this weeks other project.  One of the gals I work with is going to be a grandma for the first time next month.  She is planning a shower for her daughter and I volunteered to make the goodie bags for her to fill.
 
 
They are about 5 inches tall by 3 inches wide. They are made of tulle. Sparkly tulle.  Didn't know that was going to be the material of choice when I volunteered.  Oh what a mess. Sparkley everywhere.

 
They were pretty easy to whip up though.  I had to finish them up in one sitting to minimize the spread of the Sparkles.
 
I will be happy to hand them off tomorrow.
 
I also managed to finally put together a backing for the Dottie quilt I did for the last hop. No pictures it was pretty basic.
 
 
OK on to the winner of the Pin Cushion from the Leafy Blog Hop.
 
 
TA DA......GPC of Shedding the Wolf is the name MJ picked.  I have sent her an email and once I get her address the pin cushion will head out to her.  Congratulations!!!
 
I had 101 lovely people take the time to make wonderful comments about my contributions to the hop.  I appreciate every single word.  One of the best parts of Blogging is the nice people you meet from everywhere.  I took the time to look at each commenters profile where possible while I was sending my thank yous and was amazed to learn that the comments came from 8 countries outside of the US and 23 of the states here.  It is a very small world and I am so glad to be a part of it.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi!!! Can't wait to see what you are working on!!!!! The Wicked will be so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to by your winner! Thank you so much. :) Your sparkly bags will be a big hit, I'm sure -- and meanwhile, enjoy the glow, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.