Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Project Started

I still haven't managed to quilt the baby quilt that I sandwiched last week, or was that 2 weeks ago but I did start something new.  A friend sent me a draft of a string block she was thinking of making.  I am not a huge fan of strings.  Make the occasional string quilt only because the little buggers multipy in the dark.  Anyway I redrafted the block using 1.5 inch strips knowing I had some in the stash. spent the better part of the last 3 days whipping up these blocks. They are 12.5 inches unfinished.

need to think how i want to finish up.  I'm thinking maybe a brown or dark green sashing and some cornerstones.

time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt. I like your idea for the sashing and setting squares. I think it will make the blocks pop for sure!
    Thanks for your kind words on my blog about my Sugie bunny. Bless you too for rescuing Tink. She is precious.
    Have a beautiful Easter.
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty... never thought of doing strips that way... may just have to try it! The strips do seem to multiply when you turn your back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.