Thursday, August 19, 2021

Orange You Glad Blog Hop

 Welcome to my stop on the Orange You Glad Blog Hop.  Well I'm glad that Carla of Creatin' in The Sticks has come up with yet another  great hop idea and has taken on the coordination of this event.

Earlier in the year I participated in the annual Hands 2 Help project and was fortunate enough to receive a choice of quilt patterns from  Kristy Daum  for my participation. I choose  her pattern Floor Plan  The pattern was set up in 2 ways. One, my choice, was strip pieced and the other was in a traditional lay out.  Her pattern did not include the gray sneakers, those were my personal choice.



A better look at some of my orange stash and scraps

I received the pattern right around the time that this hop, looking for something Orange was announced. I loved the pattern and really wanted to make it immediately but I had no need to do's on my list.  Since I had no specific requests making a quilt in Orange was just perfect timing.  


I even found some wide fabric that had orange in it.

I must admit if you asked me before this hop was announced if I had enough stash in the orange family to make it I would have said no.  I was absolutely amazed with just how much orange fabric I actually owned.  This top was made entirely from my stash and scraps.


Last minute update:

This morning I read the Hop post by Tubakk (Densvendehimmel) and she mentioned always including a pin cushion in her hops and I realized I usually include a mug rug. I also realized that I didn't really have the time to make one. I did have time to hunt down a previously completed one in my pile of mug rugs that was at least in part orange



And while I was at it I pulled 3 pincushions from the pincushion bin that were also in part orange.
Orange You Glad (tee hee, tee hee)


The top one is the back of a pin cushion not just a boring pin cushion. I know I'm just a copy cat.

I hope you have enjoyed this hop so far and have been able to visit with all of its participants.  It is so amazing how creative a group can be starting with the same phrase and branching out in so many directions.  In case you need to see the group with their links,  here they are. 

31 comments:

  1. Love your orange quilt! I too was surprised at how much orange fabric I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is amazing! And I love the other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful! Love all the oranges in it! I'm glad you found a mug rug and some pincushions too. Fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing and inspiring. no i dont think you are a copy cat. your pincushions are different. your quilt is lovely. and i love your mug rug. so much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such nice projects Selina. The quilt is beautiful and the pincushions are always useful as is the mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Selina, you really do crack me up! Love your gray shoes designer element! LOL!!! You are amazing with all the little projects you can pull out for show and tell! I live to see what you have done each hop! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous quilt with us. I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selina, this quilt is so fun!!! I love the addition of the grey tennis shoes - I'm still giggling. Thank you for that. Then you add the mug rug and pincushions and I'm smiling from ear to ear. Thank you for joining the Orange You Glad Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt, and love your mug rug! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been amazing to see so many inspiring ideas using orange fabric, even from those who said they didn't really like orange. I love your orange quilt and how the variety of orange blends together in this pattern. Very cool! Sweet little pincushions and mug rugs, too! Thanks for sharing your orangy stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that quilt! It looks fantastic in oranges. Cute mug rug and pincushions too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt, mug rug and pincushions - so many fabulous oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The addition of the gray sneakers was a brilliant design change choice to make it your own! Bwahahaha. This is such a fun pattern and quilt. I like that backing fabric too. Your fall mug rug is so pretty. And your little collection of orange pincushions is great. I’m definitely feeling orangy glad during this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Orange you glad you joined the hop? What a beautiful quilt you made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had more orange than you knew, for sure. The mug rug is the best - loved the leaf. Did you notice that the first picture looked more 'red' and the second more 'orange'. Crazy. Gray definitely goes with orange - great choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so funny. Your quilt is beautiful. And pincushions (or mug rugs) are the best for a blog hop. Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Funny how much we actually have in our stashes without knowing it. Well done on your lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Floor Plan is REALLY cool!! and with the orange - its on fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That quilt is beautiful, including the back. The mug rug and pin keeps are very adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your orange quilt- very cool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The quilt is fabulous. I was surprised at how much orange is in my stash. Your pincushions are cute too. I especially like the plus or are they X ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! That is a gorgeous quilt!! Thanks for sharing it with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a great quilt, Selina! Who doesn't love orange?! But in fact, I'm as surprised as you that you had enough orange in your stash to make this. I never thought of you as an orange person. Orange you glad? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had a busy summer and am just beginning to catch up on all I missed. Love, love, LOVE this scrappy orange beauty, Selina!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for such wonderful blog that looks pretty different, I would suggest you please make a proper plan for your blog and start professional blogging as a career, buy management assignment online One day you would be smart enough to earn some money, wishing you a best of luck my friend, Thanks a lot for your nice support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a really decent site post. Not very numerous individuals would really, the way you simply did. I am truly inspired that there is such a great amount of data about this subject have been revealed and you've put forth a valiant effort with so much class. On the off help with dissertation writing uk chance that needed to know more about green smoke surveys, than by all methods come in and check our stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is good to hear that your store is now expanding to new locations. I have been a patron of Fantastic Eyes because of all the wonderful work that you guys do. free custom assignments I hope that this expansion move of yours will turn out to be successful. I will definitely go and see this new store of yours

    ReplyDelete
  27. The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t fail me as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, assignment writing help however I genuinely believed you would have something helpful to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy searching for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have read your blog post and that is really informative as well. My friend recommended your blog and trust me through reading such amazing updates we able to change our perception as well help with essays Keep writing such amazing stuff always.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a great content, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you han solo brown leather jacket from star wars story and continue doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pleased to get such good information. I enjoyed this article. You can also learn about morse code language. The entire Morse code system is constructed using two different symbols: the dot and the dash. Discover more in the article.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.