Wednesday, September 22, 2021

I'm Falling For You Blog Hop

 Hi everybody and Special thanks to  Joan of Moose Stash Quilting our wonderful coordinator for this fun hop.

I am participating in this hop but not with what I had hoped to make.  Last month I had what I thought was a brilliant idea for the term "Falling"  It was so brilliant that I drew it up and left it on the kitchen table and looked at it everyday and smiled. I knew exactly what fabric (I thought )I had in my stash. And felt I could knock it off  in a couple of hours.

So as we all know, the best laid plans of a quilter don't always work the way we hope. And wow is time just flying by.  I set September 19 as my sew day for this hop and I did manage to keep my calendar clear.   So mid morning with my diagram in hand I headed to my stash. 

The fabric I thought I had wasn't where I thought I would find it except for one piece, My cloud covered sky.  Ok so I had to make a quick switch from my falling snow ball that grows up to be a snowman.  I stared at my stash and hoped for something to jump out at me.


And low and behold the leaves popped out to join my sky.
My new vision was to have some falling leaves land on a pile of leaves.




My new issue was that the leaves on the  pile of leaf fabric were a little too big to go with my falling leaves.  So since I was aiming for a wall hanging I decided to shrink down my leaf size using my printer and some muslin. I took it down to 85% of the original size.


I added some aging grass


And now my leaves are Falling For YOU.

Since this hop was announced I had 2 fun things happen that fell nicely under this hop heading that I thought I would share with you cause everyone needs a smile.


I live in Sunny Florida. While it is not as hot as lots of the rest of the country we are currently at 90 plus degrees for over 100 days so far this year.  That generally means air conditioning and ceiling fans.  I love this whirly gig quilt while it was easy sewing it was a pain in the butt to get the colors placed correctly both color and angle.


I was using a very cinchy flannel backed vinyl table cloth and someone turned on the ceiling fan. Definitely Falling For Me



And last but not least yet another heat related item for this hop.
Yes that is a spoonful of  melting chocolate ice cream. my chin is at the tip top of the picture and that white knot is my waist.  Covered a lot of territory.


This is not the spoonful that fell.  This is the spoonful that followed 15 minutes later after the major clean up.  I'm guessing I was being punished by the powers that be. 😉😉

Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you have enjoyed the visit, I know I enjoyed having you.
For your hopping convenience I have included all of the participants in this event.  Those who have already posted have offered some very great ideas and beautiful work and I just know that the rest of the group will offer the same.

 
Take care and have fun.

Monday September 20

Creatin' in the Sticks

Samelias Mum

Quilting Gail

Vroomans Quilts

Quilt Schmilt

Tuesday September 21

Just Let Me Quilt

Just Sew Quilter

Days filled with Joy

Kathy’s Kwilts and More 

The Morning Latte

Wednesday September 22

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Beaquilter

Inflorescence

Selina Quilts

Sew Many Yarns

 Thursday September 23

Karrins Crazy World

Words and Stitches

Patchouli Moon Studio

Karen’s Korner

That Fabric Feeling

Scrapdash

 Friday September 24

QuiltFabrication

Ms P Designs USA

Lianne Makes Stuff

Quilted Delights

MooseStashQuilting


til next time...

Keep on Stitchin'


26 comments:

  1. The perfect fabrics for your pretty wallhanging. I hope you had some help putting your design wall back together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall hanging is perfect for this hop. It evolved and that is what is so freeing about art, it's never set in stone. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The falling leaves piling up is a clever idea for a Fall wallhanging. I hope you’ll still try making the snowman wallhanging too. That is just so cute of an idea with the coming Winter. hahaha...great story about your whirligig pieces on your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your falling leaves wall hanging came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to switch gears and still come up with a great wall hanging. The leaves are a true sign of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super seasonal quilt for the Hop, Selina! Sorry about the fan and the ice cream falling with your leaves. Is that Dutch Chocolate? If so, please pass the carton. I would like a spoonful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me at how you look at things and come up with solutions. Resizing leaves would have never crossed my mind. That an ingenious idea! What we do have in common is the melting ice cream thing! LOL!! I had to laugh at your whirligig story, although I might have cried at the time if it had happened to me! :-) Thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't relate to ice cream falling all over my chest and stomach. LOL, just kidding! That's a regular occurrence for me since I do love my ice cream. Your post gave me a big smile this morning with all the things that went wrong, but turned out right. Your falling leaves wall hanging turned into a perfect and beautiful project for this hop...love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project! Thanks so much for sharing. I dumped my whole drink on the sofa last week! What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wall hanging, Selina. Those fabrics are perfect for it. I had to laugh about the fan / design wall fiasco. That is truly something that would happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your leaves that are falling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love piles of leaves. Such a fun time to remember with your quilt. :) Dribbling ice cream...always makes me laugh when it's somebody else and not me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, falling leaves. Your wall hanging is truly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your falling leaves worked out great! We all have to be flexible, that's for sure. I've done that ice cream trick myself. At least you got to eat most of it. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The falling leaves are very pretty! Save that snowman idea for another hop; it is cute too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry about your "falling" ice-cream. LOL. You make me giggle. I really like how you did the wall hanging. The falling leaves into the pile of leaves in so inspiring. Way to transition your project. I love your "new" idea as mush as your first. You will find that fabric eventually and have your next project finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! Lots of things falling. Great quilts! Ice cream probably tasted great too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that falling ice cream hurt my little healthy dieting heart. Great job in coming up with a plan B for your quilt! Love your whirlygig too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your falling leaves quilt design is just perfect, Selina! I really like how you interpreted the word, better even than your original idea. Ahhh, I see now what you told me about the falling design wall pieces. Gotta be careful with that overhead fan, right? Really? We've had more than 100 days of 90F? I know it's been hot for forever, but I didn't realize how many days it has lasted. I'm ready for 70F-80F days. Sorry about losing even one tablespoon of ice cream. Hope you were able to dig in for more to replace it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh your post made me smile. Thank you for sharing your falling adventures with us.
    PS I love the quilt that you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You certainly captured fall quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my was I giggling when I read your post! If you knew how many time I went looking for the perfect fabric that I just knew was in my stash and couldn’t find it! I mean really? My cupboard is only 4’ tall by 3’ wide and only 4 of the 5 shelf’s are fabric! I do hope you make your snowman falling design sometime. It does look intriguing! In the meantime, Selina I do love your replacement? The ice cream? We all can identify with that one, even if our current weather is cool and rainy. It is a pleasant change from heat and smoke filled skies! Thanks for sharing such a fun post and the story of your (mis)adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.
    កីឡាបាល់ទាត់​ អនឡាញ_Football Online

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing! Learn more in this profile online mouse test . This tool can really help you out with your mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like this blog. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.