Friday, January 8, 2016

Q1 FAL 2016 Goals

This is my first time participating in FAL.  I have several projects that I would like to get finished sooner rather than later so I thought I'd join up. So in the order I would like to see these projects finished let my list begin:

#1
This is the last of my 2015 Christmas presents. It is for 1 very old and patient friend. She follows my blog so I can't say what these fabrics will end up as but hopefully they will have purpose soon.


#2
Baby quilt for my cousin's 1st grand child, who was born last month. Needs to be sandwiched, quilted bound and mailed.


#3
These are my blocks for the 365 Project.  I started on January 1, so I am right on time with this as of today. Hoping by quarter end I have 90 blocks hanging on this wall.


#3
These 16 inch tall tulip blocks by  Michelle Engel Bencsko for Cloud 9 Fabrics, are to be the center pieces to 2 doll quilts that will be 24 inch square.  They will be matched up with hand made dolls created by the local chapter of the  Giving Dolls, Inc. a  group who makes dolls for children in need around the world. To date they have donated more than 30,000 dolls.


#4
 NO Picture - I am participating in the Quilt Doodle Designs - BOM 2016   .  January is done. My goal is to have February and March done by quarter close.

#5
NO Picture - I am signed up with the   MIghty Lucky Quilt Club    This month we are doing a project learning to creatively quilt using bias tape.  I know I will have 3 different projects, by different very talented quilters, 1 per month of which I hope to get at least 1 done.  This is a new area for me. So I won't be racing through in my ususal Devil may care way.

#6
This is a knitting project.  I try and make a few helmet liners each year for the Forgotten Soldiers Outreach, Inc.  I'd like to get at least this one done and a second started this quarter.


While I know this list is very doable at the moment I also know that my biggest problem is getting side tracked. I'm hoping that participating in this FAL will keep me somewhat focused.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought your list would never end. LoL. That list would not be doable for me, so I bow to you! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what I am hoping too. Your list is full of lovely projects...best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you did the 'garden fence' design. Nice rendition. Good luck with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely list of fun makes. Best of luck with finishing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.