Monday, January 18, 2016

January Updates

Where is time going? We've already passed mid January. Yikees!

I have been productive, I am happy to announce that I have finished my Christmas gifts for 2015. 
 They are now in the hands of my very patient friend.  This was the first item to be crossed off my 
Q1 - FAL list.

BA is the recipient of just about every Christmas thing I have ever attempted to make.  Going to her house at Christmas is like going to  a  "crafts my Selina show". Room after room.  We have been crafting friends for upwards of 40 years. Sharing gifts, ideas and challenges the entire time.


So for this Christmas I decided I needed to do something for spring instead of winter.  When we were together in the fall she mentioned that she liked to use placemats.  I have made her Christmas ones in the past.  Spring sounded like a great idea.


As I was finishing them up I came across this tutorial by Julie Hirt  for making rope baskets. Great tutorial and so easy to do. The fabric scraps in the basket and coasters are from the placemats. A great addition to the package. ( she called to thank me and to have me send her the tutorial info )


For Christmas I participated in another postcard swap.  This lovely tree was made for me by       Eglea Senna . It came to me in Florida from Brazil.  I love it.


The  winter bunnies were done by me based on a pattern by Michelle over at The Raspberry Rabbits. They made their way to Brazil and I believe they had a very Merry Christmas there.


My sister saw the basket and coasters that I made for BA and she wanted a set.  Of course she wanted them to match her placemats.  The ones I made last year.  Good thing I am a scrap hoarder.


The basket is about 14 inches across and 4  inches high.
The coasters are about 4 inches across.

It's a good thing that they are addictive to make because we had company for dinner on Sunday who saw them and wanted a set. She went to my stash to pick out her colors.


And I have been able to keep up with the 365 project in spite of the temptation of the baskets and coasters.


12 comments:

  1. I am loving all the baskets - may have to play with this in February. Very sweet post cards. I am amazed how these fair so well thru the postal system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice gifts. I too like those coasters. I like the mostly light color with the bits of color. The postcards are wonderful. Loving your circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those baskets and coasters are great I will have to check out that tut too. It's a great things that we quilters just can not through anything away
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. those baskets and coasters are great I will have to check out that tut too. It's a great things that we quilters just can not through anything away
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those baskets on my list of things I want to make , yours turned out just beautiful . Wonderful postcards by both you and Eglea !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooooooove the baskets! I've always wanted to make one of those. And Squeeeeeeeee! Hans and Holly look fantastic on a postcard. I saved the picture to show on my blog. I hope that's ok. It's too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those baskets! They're so very pretty. Perhaps because they look "clean" with all the neutral space. I'm happy to know you like making them - or you must! - because everyone wants them. You're nice to be so accommodating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last but not least! I bookmarked the basket tut site for future reference, unless I happen to get one in the mail! Your circle swap is intriguing Do you need more scraps?? Love your postcards and love that your sister keeps you in "stitches"!
    June-NC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last but not least! I bookmarked the basket tut site for future reference, unless I happen to get one in the mail! Your circle swap is intriguing Do you need more scraps?? Love your postcards and love that your sister keeps you in "stitches"!
    June-NC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a question about the postcards. It looks like your bunnies' ears are not stitched down. Do you ask postoffice to "hand stamp" the cards or do you use mailers? How,if at all, are the cards protected?
    June- NC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question about the postcards. It looks like your bunnies' ears are not stitched down. Do you ask postoffice to "hand stamp" the cards or do you use mailers? How,if at all, are the cards protected?
    June- NC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finishes - Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all the 2016 hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.