Sunday, October 5, 2014

Progress

Last week I posted for the Rush Hour Blog Hop but I was  busy working on other projects. These pumpkins are what I swapped in the Fall Post Card Swap coordinated by Sheila at http://sheilasquiltworld.blogspot.com/


I have received my beautiful post cards this week and I will post about them mid week.  I think they are so cool that they deserve to have a post to themselves and not get  caught up in this photo heavy posting.


I really don't know why some pictures turn to the right, it is so irritating.






I am keeping current  on the Alphabet QAL being done by Temecula Quilt Company.



Last Christmas I made Bowl Buddies for a couple of the gals I work with.  One of them approached me last week regarding making a couple of sets for her to give as gifts this year.  It is so nice when you get confirmation that a gift you made was really appreciated by someone enough that they want to give it as a gift too.


She said she wanted to give them as gifts for the holidays.  I asked which holiday Thanksgiving  or Christmas.  Her response....both.  So I made 2 sets of the pine cones and 2 sets of the fallen leaves.


She loved them but remembered that I also made her hot pads for the table to match.  This week I will be making hot pads.

I also worked on getting the pink and green baby quilt quilted and managed to finish that today.  Hopefully I will get it bound and photographed by next weekend.


5 comments:

  1. What cute post cards for the season! The ABC's are so quick to make up and everyone's blocks are looking terrific. I did some of the bowl buddies - my Mom, SIL, and me - they are fun and quick projects for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute postcards Selina and I love your bowls , what a neat idea .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pumpkin postcards. Anxious to see the ones you received too. I'm seeing lots of alphabet blocks being done. Those quilts will be great. Love the bowls

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! Are Holidays around the corner?? Which corner????
    Love the buddies and postcards......alphabet is cute too!
    Regards
    June-NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.