Saturday, January 7, 2012

12 days of Christmas Blocks

For the last week or so I have been working on the 12 blocks of Christmas from http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/  Each day for 12 days one block was posted. I started late, on day 5 or 6 I think but I managed to finish up the top right on schedule.  Well I finished one of the tops right on time. I had started the project using red scraps but they weren't doing a lot for me.


 
 So mid way I started another set in blue and white.  Liked this one a lot. Since the blocks were small and quick I did finish all of the red ones and will put them together sometime this weekend before they get lost in the shuffle.  But the blues came together really well.



I like this one so much I will actually hand quilt it.  Not something I do often anymore.
This was a great project and very, very far out of my comfort zone.  I try not to use pieces that start out smaller then 2 1/2 inches square.  The blocks in this piece finish at 3 1/2 inches. Honestly none were difficult and I would try this type of thing again.  It was a great come down from the Christmas rush project.

6 comments:

  1. This was a fun little project and I love both versions - keep one and gift one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you love the blue blocks... very nice! How cool that you are going to hand quilt it...

    ...but what tiny blocks!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the blue blocks are nice and restful.
    A good project to have completed so early in the year, congratulations
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finish. It is hard to go wrong with blues. Maybe you can add blue to the other one and gift it to someone as a summertime quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the blues and it makes for a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those blues! I didn't make this quilt although I've been admiring it on other blogs...kind of wish I had now. :) Thanks for stopping by Sew We Quilt. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.