Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Another Month Gone By


Another crazy month gone by with plenty to show for it.  I'm going to work my way backward through time.


Yesterday I took  a workshop followed by a trunk show by Amanda Jean Nyberg based on her book  No Scrap Left Behind



The workshops premise was to make a quilt from her book but make it your own by changing up color, block orientation, size etc.    I chose the Mini Nines quilt.  Yes that is a very mini nine patch block. Unfinished at 2 inches.  Her whole quilt is in mini's.  Mine will be half mini's and half not so mini. 3 inch unfinished.


This top is one of the quilts from  the book "Remainders". Mine is composed of 500, 3inch,unfinished blocks made with remainder triangles from other projects.  Her version is made from 750.
I had it half quilted but had to rip it all out due to some kind of bunching mishap on the back.


There is almost nothing worse than ripping out quilting, thinking you're almost done and boom your not.


I have been working with The Quilt Pattern Magazine on their Small Kennel Quilt project. They let their list of volunteers know when small kennel quilts (12 x 18) are needed and if you can help you help if not, not.

.
With the hurricanes there was quite a need in the past month.  The good side is that I have a stash that will be able to contribute for a long time.  Small needy cats and dogs don't care if your fabric is dated.


I got this quilt done for Heart Builders, some of the fabric was supplied by Cotton Cuts.

I believe it was going to Project Linus

And then there are the Pin Cushions.


I participated in the IG #pinnieparade in August. Coordinated by @tinkerellen.


you posted one pin cushion a day for the month


These are a couple of my best ones


some were rather small



some from patterns 


But he's my favorite.

I also took some lessons on a new crafting adventure.  No photos until my group of crafty friends get their upcoming birthday gifts.  So hard to do a  surprise when they all check the blog for clues. A couple of them have asked to have their birth date changed just so they can find out what I've been up to. I probably will since I don't want to wait until December.

Until next time.



1 comment:

  1. You were very busy this past month. All very nice projects. Those mini nines are super tiny, I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.