Monday, August 21, 2017

A Months Worth

Can't believe a full month has passed since my last post.  I think playing on IG gets me a bit sidetracked.

Back in June, Amanda Jean  of Crazymomquilts had a QAL based on a quilt in her new book No Scrap Left Behind.  I participated and finished up in July.


It was a fun quilt to do and made absolutely no dent in my scraps.


In fact trimming up my strip sets resulted in this nice neat pile of left overs.


which promptly turned into this.  The mental problem I'm having here is that I took a small pile of scraps and used them up by pairing them up with 2 + yards of fabric.  Hmmmmm 


But I really, really like how it turned out.


My travel project for sitting in doctors office waiting rooms and for watching TV are these crocheted pin cushions / tool / gadget holders   This multi colored  group above is for a fund raiser for Angel Snugs.


This group of pinks and white will be going to a local breast cancer group's fund raiser. They've asked for about 20, I think I'm about half way there.


Debbie over at A Quilters Table had an Improv QAL on IG.  #improvstripesqal


It was way, way out of my comfort zone but I am so glad that I participated.  Sometimes you just have to give the uncomfortable a try.  Very happy with the results. My sister has already called dibs on it.

Last but far from least are these quilts for the Preemies at the Florida Hospital for Children


These are the sample quilts that the Big Cypress chapter of the Villages Quilt Guild will be making as one of our ongoing Charity projects. 


the pictures are of the front and back of the 3 quilts.  they are 11 x 11, 13 x 17 and 17 x 17

They were looking for holiday or seasonal themed quilts for these very little babies. Every child needs to celebrate their first holidays no matter how tiny they are.

I've also been participating in the #pinnieparade on IG where we have been making a pin cushion a day for the month of August there are now over 3,500 posted.  I'll post all of mine once the parade is over.




12 comments:

  1. WOW!...Great quilts! The scrappy ones are terrific. I know what you mean about zero dent in the bin of scraps though! I have a couple of scrappy small projects going and I see no difference in the amount still in the drawers. But it's fun to know that we used them since we go to so much trouble to save them! Your improve stripe quilt is fun looking. And you are always so generous with your charity work. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been really busy. I love your quilt from the QAL and you made great use of the leftover leftovers :)

    It is wonderful how you share your talents for so many charities and places in need.

    It is always fun to see your IG posts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrap busting and you have done yourself proud! Great pin cushions too. I use the one my aunt made me probably 25 years ago all the time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another busy month for you, I love everything you have achieved. Your donations to charity are amazing, a wonderful way to share your love and skills

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your first quilt with the scrappy strips!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing all you've been up to here. I love the result of your participation in the improv stripes qal! SO glad you joined in. Also love your June quilt - I had the same experience - still OODLES of scraps! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness you've made some pretty things there, Selina! I see some I want to try someday to use up some scraps - which, yes, never seem to diminish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You keep SO busy creating! I'm always impressed by the quantity of things you make. Love your scrappy goodness from CrazyMomQuilts, and I especially like the striped quilt made along with Debbie. If I could have joined in, I would have. But I'm doing two other upcoming alongs... the triangles one with ZenChic/Bernina, and QuiltingJetGirl's transparency quilt. Are you doing either of those? Would love to chat about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I resisted the Improv Stripe QAL. Yours turned out GREAT!! Congrats on completing your June QAL. Mine is still a top (that I'm having trouble deciding how to quilt!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a good idea thank for sharing on the website
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets sidetracked and forgets to post things :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your site and content. thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.