Monday, September 3, 2012

Quilts 1 & 2 back from the quilter

Quilt 3 was done last week because I did my own quilting.  I only do long straight lines.  Quilts 1 & 2 needed a different type of quilting.
 
I sent them out to Sarah Russett of Sweet Potata Quilts.  She turned them around in a week for me.

 
I'm trying for a close up of the beautiful quilting, front and back.


 
 
 
The star quilt has beautiful FMQ stars scattered about.  Very cool look.




 
The lighting could have been  better but it is very cloudy here today so I was forced to take pictures in the hall.  These will be delivered tomorrow to their new family.

I'm now off to work on my dump quilt for Beth's Linky party next week.
http://lovelaughquilt.blogspot.com/2012/08/dump-and-sew.html
I had lots of scraps in a new bag which I just collected over the last 4 weeks.  

I made the 3 quilts for MJ's co workers kids and a quilt for the Dots on Dots Blog Hop at
http://www.sewwequilt.com//   which is also next week.  My day is September 12.  I made quite a lot of scraps doing these projects.  I am very excited to see what I can whip together using them.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts and so sweet of you. Look forward to seeing your 'dots' and your dump quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting on a couple of lovely quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes... I know the quilts will be love and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous achievement and the quilting adds just the right finishing touch to already beautiful quilts - I know they will be loved greatly
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.