Sunday, July 24, 2011

More bags

My sister P, my biggest fan, has placed requests for 3 bags this week.  She stopped by Friday to peruse the stash and made her decisions. The bags are from   the tutorial on  http://ayumills.blogspot.com/. The purse is just a little zip purse from looking at many different tutorials. 

The polka dot and stripped bag with the matching purse is for a friend of hers who is retiring this week and the canvas bag with the butterfly fabric is for P.  She fell in love with the fabric scrap and I stretched it as far as I could for this bag.


For the 3rd bag she chose the same polka dot  and stripe combo but in a larger version for herself.  She can't have it until I get to JoAnns for more fusible interfacing. If you go back a few posts you can see a version of the larger one I made from stamped canvas. 

I think I'm bagged out for the weekend.  I have started to make Christmas quilts so I think I'll get back to them for awhile. Unless something else catches my eye while I take this blog break.

6 comments:

  1. Those are adorable bags... and you're so nice to make them for your sister! But Christmas isn't far away (in quilter's time) so we must get busy, yes?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your bag looks fantastic, I will check out that tutorial. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat looking bags! I bet you could carry a lot in it. Will have to checkout the tutorial, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these lunch bags turned out beautiful too! Your friend is too lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these bags. I had a go a making a bigger one a few weeks ago ... And my 20 year old declared it perfect and moved into it before I'd trimmed the threads or photographed it! I *really* like the stripey / spotty combinations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.