Thursday, July 28, 2011

I have officially started Christmas sewing.  Thanks for the push Karen. http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/search/label/Make%20a%20Gift%20on%20the%2025th  I decided to make Christmas quilts for the families of MJ’s 3 nephews.  So far all they have seen of my quilting are baby quilts. 

Several seasons ago I designed snowmen blocks for a guild block of the month project.  I did turn my sample blocks into a finished quilt for a friend. It was great, blocks and quilt designed by me. It is the little things in life that make us happy.



I decided that this would be a great quilt to replicate.  Each quilt is made up of 6 snowmen blocks, 2 large (14x24 inches)and 4 small (12x18 inches) and 4, 6 inch star blocks. I have cut out all of the pieces for the large guys and at least ½ of the pieces for the small guys. In addition to cutting block pieces I




put together 1 of the large guys the other  night because it was the 25th.   He took about an hour to put together.


My goal for August 25th is to have all of the blocks done for at least 1 quilt so I can spend the 25th putting the 1st top together.  I hope you are all feeling the Christmas joy.  Selina

6 comments:

  1. p.s selina..love your snowman...very cool lol...
    sent you an email..you is a ....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo...Love the snowman! He is so cute. Thanks so much for linking to the party and for joining the Christmas club.
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snowman block is so cute and the nice thing about snowmen is that you can leave them out long after the other Xmas decorations get put away. Your family is going to be thrilled with a gift like that!

    Gail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, glad you got started on the 25th - I am running late. Congratulations on your design, I will look forward to seeing the finished quilt
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for commenting over at Nesting Newbie http://nestingnewbie.blogspot.com/ and for posting on the Christmas club page at Sew Many Ways! I love this block and can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.