Sunday, June 12, 2011

Out of focus

Since coming back from vacation I have not been able to focus on any one thing. Two  weeks and I have nothing completed.  I have started lots of things. A nook book, 3 audio books, 2 new quilt tops and touched an existing project.  I am one of the fortunate who has a room to call my own for sewing, but in my unfocused phase I had pulled out my feather weight and was puttering with one of the new quilts at the kitchen table because I didn't want to clear off the sewing table of whatever else I was working on.  I did return to the library 2 of the audio books I had started and dropped.

Friday evening, after supper, while trying to determine if I wanted to read, listen, quilt and/or watch an NCIS marathon Tink let me know in no uncertain terms that she wanted to go for a mind clearing walk.

I spent the walk talking to myself and giving myself a lecture on buckling down and finishing something, anything.  It worked.  Friday evening after the walk, with NCIS playing in the background, I cleared off the sewing table and brought out all of the projects mentioned above. I choose   a childs quilt I had started for my goddaughters little boy. The fabric I had picked out needed to be fussy cut.  That was all I had accomplished before I dropped the project.  You know the fussy cutting, the hardest part of the whole thing was done. DUH.  Well between then and just before dinner today I managed to finish the top and am almost finished piecing the back.  There was another NCIS marathon on last night to keep me company and I listened to the audio book this afternoon.  I hope that when I am finished this note I will be able to get the back finished and the sandwich made before bed tonight ( yes, and walk Tink). I believe the tony's are on tonight for background noise. I hope to have pictures by next weekend of a completed quilt ready for the mail.

Have a productive week.  Selina

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my quilt!!! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.