On Thursday I bought a new Spring/Summer bed spread in a lovely shade of green. Very pretty, very simple. It took all of 3 hours before I found Tink on it all comfy cozy chewing on a rawhide making a puddle the size of her head with slobber. 80 pound dog, big head.
I tried a bath towel and a beach towel. Both of which she used for her body but somehow missed with the rawhide chew. My quilters brain said that a throw size quilt would work if I had one handy. Since it is destined to be abused, not a complicated quilt or one I spent money on to have quilted professionally. So, are you sitting down, I went into my UFO box. There I found this:
Half a top, with the remaining blocks, with the pattern and fabric for backing all in shades of green. I worked on finishing the top Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening I thought I could get it sandwiched but found that the piece I had for the back was too small. Found another piece in the stash, bigger but not big enough. So for the very first time I pieced a back. I went through my stash and scraps and found that I still had several pieces of fabric that the blocks were made from.
Saturday night I finished the back. Sunday morning I sandwiched and Sunday afternoon, around a visit with my mom and dinner, I quilted it. I even experimented with binding it totally by machine. It’s the perfect size and her majesty took it over immediately.
So back to the other 2 tops I was working on last week before they go from WIP to UFO.