Thursday, March 23, 2023

Little Green Apples

 The Little Green Apple Hop was, for me, a win, win. First, I always think participating in these monthly hops are a wonderful creative use of those little grey cells and this hop happily coincided with me getting the embroidery module for my Bernina 570. (A wonderful if slightly late, Birthday gift.

This week I am attending an Embroidery Retreat.  I needed to know that I could take this machine and actively participate in the fun.

I started to test my abilities with this machine doing some basics.  I did a FSL Easter Basket and a Redwork Christmas embroidery before it dawned on me that I could do some tests using Little Green Apples.  


                                So here we have an appliqued Green Apple with it's buddies


And now I can go Apple Pickin


I forgot to take a pic of this sweet pin cushion  before turning it into something useful.




I was still trying to figure out what to do with this piece


When in doubt, a mug rug.

But my most fun project for this hop would be



This Green Apple Charger Mat.

One of the gals in one of my crafting groups had made a couple of these with embroidered  flowers.  So I thought I should give it a try using Green Apples. Success.

 She found the mats at Hobby Lobby,  I found mine at Target. Both stores were selling them for $2 in  multi colors. 



I hope you enjoyed your visit here and your visits to all of the other stops along the way and the ones yet to come.  Below is a full list of the participants for your viewing pleasure.


















20 comments:

  1. All cute projects. That charger is really nice. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your projects are great! The embroidered charger is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl. I love watching my grandies, but I do miss being able to go on retreats! I have never used my Bernina embroidery module, shame on me! I love your charger mat. Your apple bag would be perfect around here now, as they have done away with all bags in our stores, unless you want to pay for them. I know many other states have done it already, but it sure is a learning curve around here. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green apple and buddies bag is so cute! Love your parade of projects - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love retreats! I would love to learn more about embroidery. My mom has a machine that was gifted to her I just need to spend some time figuring it out! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job with the green apples. All the projects are great. I was sure you made the charger so I was happily pleased to know I can buy them and where to do that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your projects! I am a big fan of embroidery projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Selina! You made some lovely projects for this hop. I thought you had a Brother embroidery machine, maybe I didn't remember correctly. But I'd love to know what you think about the Bernina. I imagine you didn't need a stabilizer for the charger? Great to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your little green apples are adorable. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects, did you really embroider on top of a coiled trivot thingy? I'm too scared to do something so thick but I've seen it done....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time you show one of your embroidery projects, I tell myself to drag that module out to make something. You are so good at it! I love the idea of buying a mat and embroidering on it. Saves lots of sewing time! I love all your embroidered apple projects and can't wait to see what you do at your class. Thanks for sharing, Selina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful embroidered projects. I am waiting for my embroidery machine to come back from the spa, maybe next week. I have a stack of things to embroider. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects! I love that you used your embroidery machine! ~Sandie@crazy'boutquilts

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your embroidery beauties. You are embarking on such a fun new technique. No disrespect intended, I hope to never get into that interest only because I would become overly obsessed, for certain. It's bad enough I have scraps of fabrics, pins and threads all over my house. My family is ready to throw me out already! I love all things apple and when you mention apple picking...well that is still one of my favorite activities! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great embroidery work! All of your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects are all great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your new embroidery module, Selina! You dove in and made some really sweet projects for the Hop. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great way to test out your new module! You gave it a good run through and I hope you're enjoying the retreat, or enjoyed it if it's finished. I can't imagine how you wouldn't with that wonderful new part. All the projects are great, and I can't pick a favorite, but I do like the green apple leading the red ones on the tote. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I's wonderful to see all the ways you manage to create cute things, Selina! I'm happy to know you're enjoying your Bernina's embroidery feature. That green apple design is really pretty, and looks especially good on a charger. What a nice, inexpensive way to use thread to create. It's always satisfying to do what we love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful posts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.