Monday, October 17, 2022

Gremlins, Goblins and Ghouls OH My Blog Hop

 

Gremlins, Goblins and Ghouls OH My Blog Hop


Welcome to my day to celebrate with you our Gremlins, Gobblins and Ghouls  Hop.

Several years ago in the 2018 Peek a Who blog hop I came across this Halloween embroidery by Elizabeth Coughlin Designs called  Jack Make - Dos   and fell in love.  





I completed one as a pillow for a friend. Then did one for me which I got embroidered before the change of seasons but never finished it into something for me.  

Instead it has been keeping me company on my incomplete projects wall.  



Probably got more of my attention there than being put away in the Halloween decorations box.


Well this hop gave me timely incentive to give these guys a life of their own.  




I really love them framed instead of in a place mat or mug rug, and I think in a frame they will stay out for a much longer time frame, maybe the whole year, we'll see.

While I'm still quilting (knocked out 4 quickie toddler quilts for day care) and doing a little  hand stitching, I am having fun using my cutting machines.  I have done a few Halloween themed pieces and have a couple to share that I feel fit in with this hops theme.




Both are greeting cards.  The pumpkin is an SVG I found on line and just cut it from HTV and ironed it onto a blank card.




The great design of the haunted house is from Cricut Design Space. It's a pop up card.

Well I hope you enjoyed your visit with me and the others who are on todays schedule.  For your convenience I have included the entire list of participants for the week below.


A big thanks to Joan  our fearless leader  of this and so many other great hops, from Moose Stash Quilting.


23 comments:

  1. All nice projects. It is always good to revive a project from times past and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your projects! Very nice. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth has the cutest designs and you have really made this a great piece by framing it, for sure. Love how you did that. Your cards are super sweet too. You always have such fun and "out of the box" projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute embroidery and cards, Selina. My hubby and kids gave me a cricut maker a few years ago...sadly, it's still in the box. You make me want to get it out and learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so honored you used my design for the hop; you finished it off so nicely! Your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting your sweet stitchery finished. A wall is a great way to see those unfinished projects and not just hide them away. Love your cards too. They do bring out all of the Halloween joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful. Completing a UFO is great and I'm so fond of your framed picture. Sure...why not all year; my Santa keeps me happy all year, too. You are an expert with your cutter as those cards can attest to; what kind do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embroidery and the cards from the Cricut Design Space. I hadn't even looked in there for projects, I love the Haunted house. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out great framed! The cards are nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea to frame that adorable/creepy block! I agree that it would stay out longer that way. I'll need to go search through my unfinished blocks and do that. Love your cards, too! You always inspire me with the different ways you get creative. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun things you've been making. I very much like the embroidered pumpkins. The framing is perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really fun, I need them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun ideas!! Love how you matted the embroidery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are awesome. My cricket is an older one, and I have never gotten great ue from it. I wonder if it would be able to use Design Space. Something for me to look into. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look great framed! Love the cut outs too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh I just love all of your projects, but I think the pumpkin on the card is my fav. Any chance you know where you found that design?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pumpkin embroidery!! and I love that pumpkin cut-out and the haunted house cards. All are amazing! I need to be doing things like that on my Cricut. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea of the frame. I agree that if it were in my house it would stay out longer. But if it was up to me, I would keep any pumpkin decorations out year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What cute embroidered pumpkins! They look great framed. Your did a wonderful job with the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your embroidery is lovely! I iike that Cricut pumpkin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the projects you have shown. Makes me wish my Cricut was with me so I could go make a few pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are very cute projects, Selina. I do love the frame. It works perfectly to show off that pretty embroidery! Love the cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your incomplete projects wall Selina! Not sure I would wNt them staring at me but if it works for you that's great! And I absolutely adore your pumpkin and haunted house cards...wish I had gotten one...hint, hint, hint!!
    As always you are productive. Love you and miss you lots!! XOXO
    June -NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.