Tuesday, November 16, 2021

No Ring November - Mug Rug Blog Hop

 When Carla posted the notice for this hop my brain kicked in and I got the giggles.  So thank you Carla for not only coordinating yet another wonderful hop but also for putting me into such a fun mood.

I decided from the very beginning that I needed to design my own fabric for these little but mighty projects.

Mug rugs are a very important part of my daily routine.  I do get the occasional ring but I use them more to blunt the noise of smacking my mug on the table in the morning, waking up the house.

Well I did print my fabric and had a great time doing so.  I actually hated to cut it up, so silly.

One morning I got up and dug out some white largish scraps of fabric. 

 I then spilt some coffee into a saucer and dipped a few mugs into the puddle and then stamped them onto my white scrap. 

 I must admit I didn't foresee the amount of spread I would get or how light black coffee would appear on my fabric.

Next up, after supper that evening I repeated the exercise using red wine. 


Much happier with that outcome.  I will admit that I modified my approach using much less liquid for dipping.



I will admit that I should have had some paper towels handy for this process, but no, I had real need of mopping up what went through the fabric and picked up a cloth napkin, DUH


Thankfully it was a very busy napkin.





Picking out a Mug Rug designs was tough. Wasn't sure how big I wanted my Rings to be. Did I want my rings to look like I really needed the mug rug or did I want it to be just a fun use of home made fabric. 




Fun fabric won out.

Well this was another great event. I enjoyed it from the beginning and am sure I will continue enjoying it until I view and comment on the last post on the following list.

Thanks again Carla.

Please visit and enjoy all of the posts for No Ring November. Also please have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Holiday. 

39 comments:

  1. So creative! I love dying fabric and this was so clever for this blog hop. I definitely like the fun fabric and the wine stains too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you make me smile. I love the way your mind thinks. Thanks for showing your fabric making technique! Such fun. Thank you for joining in with No Ring November - you made sooooo many "rings".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that is too clever--making your own rings for the mug rugs! I love it and I really like all that you made. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be purposely sloppy with your drinks! Not at all what I was expecting when you said you would design your own fabric. Ha! A clever idea and your many mug rugs turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fun, creative ideas Selina. The mug rugs turned out really nice. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to add rings so one won't know when you get a real one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Have girlfriends who would really enjoy the wine rings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your No Ring Mug Rugs have rings, lol!!! That's a fun idea Selina. Now you won't have to worry if you get a bit of coffee or wine stains on your mug rugs as they will become part of the design, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure know how to have fun! I have played with coffee and tea dying...but wine? What a great idea, now all I have to do is not drink the entire bottle first! hahaha You make me laugh and inspire me all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute. What a super idea to decorate with the coffee and the wine; no wonder you were giggling. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are wonderful. i love you making the rings. so great on mug rugs. thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute and fun idea for these mug rugs, Selina!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you used coffee and wine rings to make fabric for no-ring mug rugs. Very clever. They look great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You never cease to amaze me with the ideas you come up with. Dying your fabric with coffee and wine rings was brilliant for mug rugs. They turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that was an inventive idea for making your own fabric for the mug rug. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas! Love your mug rugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, I like gifting mug rugs because they are quick to make up and so darn cute! Very clever technique you've used for your personal touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is too cute! People will think you need to wash your mug rugs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea for the mug rugs. They turned out really well and it won't matter if you actually get a new stain on them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun, you've already put the rings on. No need to worry about damaging the mug rugs. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a great job on the mug rugs, they all look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute mug rugs, ring and all. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous idea to make your own fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun idea! Now you won't need to worry about staining your mug rug with coffee or wine, and it looks great too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, I love how creative you have been with the no rings..er... ring rings on your mug rugs! Very cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Once again, your creativity shines through in this mug rug project. Love how you stained fabrics with your drinks - intentionally! Nice job, Selina. It's good to know you're continuing to make.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this interpretation and the use of coffee and wine to make the rings! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun way to play with fabric. Very unique. Your mug rugs look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love how fun you made this and totally out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's a real fun projects and I love the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The New Free Best Graphics, Design, Embroidery & Font Bundles.
    ❤ Download 1 Million Design Free Just One Click ❤
    You can download one million designs for free right now. Time is limited. So download for free now without delay.
    👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
    https://www.creativefabrica.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like this blog. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.