Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Update on my Challenge and My Ongoing Affair with Tumblers


Be Warned - Today in a picture heavy  post.

Now on to my ongoing Tumbler obsession.


This quilt top measures in at 40 x 60.  It was made using 6 in finished tumblers.


This table runner  was made with 3 in finished tumblers


The table topper was also made with the 3 in finished tumbler, it is wonderful what you can do with left overs from other projects.


I liked the backs too.

I owe many thanks for the binding on the table runner to Linda over at  Flourishing Palms. Yesterday she gave a class at our Big Cypress guild meeting on No Tails Binding. My table runner was the example for the class. Linda was kind enough to do all of the lovely, clean mitered corners as part of the class so all that was left for me to do was the hand stitching to the back.  What a deal.  Her No Tails Binding is a great way to do a binding and if you click on the link above it will take you to the tutorial on her blog. 

In my personal challenge to myself for 30 Raw Edge Applique pieces in 30 days I'm doing pretty well. So far I only missed 1 day.

Yesterday I posted on IG my 17th block on day 18.

Pattern by Minki Kim


Pattern by Minki Kim


Doodles by me


Pattern by Minki Kim


Pattern by Minki Kim


This too is a pattern by Minki Kim. I changed sizes ( I love my printer)


Here is what I did with the large and the small, the medium one joins the other pieces for a final project.


I think the bunny was from clip art


Think that this palm tree was also clip art 


This adorable deer is a pattern from Gail Pan from 2016


more of my very limited doodle ability


saw a cross stitch idea that I adapted

I did do a bit more this week in the way of sewing but that will show up on the 24th on my day for the Fabulous Freebies Blog Hop.  See the button.  This should be a fun time for one and all.  The participants will be posting about freebie tutorials that they have found and loved and posting the links.  I've got plans to post pictures of most of the pieces I have made using my favorite and I'll even have a give away.  Please stop by.


4 comments:

  1. It's been fun seeing all your little stitchings...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tumbler pieces. Never heard to that binding method so I'll have to check out Linda's tutorial. Love your stitcheries, it's been fun to follow along on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tumbler quilts look great. It shows how much you are enjoying these blocks. For binding applications, it’s always great to have options and learn different techniques for binding quilted pieces. Your raw edge applique blocks are a delight. Raw edge applique is my absolute favorite for small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect inspiration :) and what attention to detail! I admire and congratulate.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.