Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Where Flowers Bloom - Blog Hop

Where to begin?  Best to start with a great big Thank You to Carla who can be found at   Creatin' In The Sticks     for all the work involved in coordinating this 5 day EVENT. Then a thanks to all of the participating quilters who make this happening an EVENT.

Ok, so on to my offerings.

Over the years I have made lots of quilts with stars and hearts and trees but not much in the way of flowers.  Yeah, I have used floral material but not much flower construction.

A couple of mug rugs


A doll quilt


And my most favorite, these tulips



So when this hop came up I never gave it a thought not to accept the invitation. I must admit that  for me it turned out to be a bit of a challenge I hadn't expected.

I had a commitment out there for another doll quilt so that was where I started.



It just doesn't do anything for me.  Yes, it met the criteria for the hop but didn't pop for me.

So on to try #2. I had seen this funky flower using hexies that I thought I would give a try.  These placemats  would probably have been fine if I picked the background fabric during the day and not in the wee hours of the morning with bad lighting and a sleep deprived brain.  Actually looking at this picture taken on a sunny morning the green lightens up a good bit, maybe I'll use them on the lanai (probably not) 




Good thing that I really like the fabric I choose for the back because that will probably be how I use them.

And then it came to me.  I went back in time and low and behold my brain had a light bulb moment and screamed at me "Flower Power".    I googled flower power and found lots of fun ideas. Then I rummaged deep down in my stash for this cool tie dyed, kinda flowery fabric I've been hoarding for forever.



So here it is, my Flower Power Back Pack.  I love it.




Here's a look at the inside which I have constructed to be reversible if I so desired ( just had to add the bottom loops for the cord and finish off the bottom more neatly than my norm).




The reversibility was just a test. I wouldn't reverse this particular bag because I wouldn't want to damage my flower and peace sign with all of the junk I shove in my bag on a daily basis.




Well thank you so much for stopping by and joining me on this journey.  Please take a few minutes and visit with all of the other quilters participating in this hop.

 OH Yea, if Google is still being a pain in the butt, Thank you to all who have left a comment.  I will try and get back to you but we all know how that's going.

Here is a list of links for one and all of the participants just to make the trip a little easier for ya.

 so for now
 - PEACE -

Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop Schedule




Friday, June 15th





26 comments:

  1. Great backpack, looks like it comes together easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backpack is great. Definitely flower power. So glad you were able to bring that wonderful fabric out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy with lots of cute and fun projects! Oh yes Flower Power! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to jazz up a backpack. It's perfect. Thank you so much for joining Where Flowers Bloom. Your post is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Great use of your hoarded fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot of cute projects! I love the fabric you used for the backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a dynamo with your backpack. That is awesome. I admire your tenacity to try some new things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if you aren't a bundle of blooms today. I love your mug rugs and even the projects that you didn't really love. We have all had those sleep deprived moments. In one of them down the road it will come to you on what to add to really take it over the top...speaking from experience here! LOL!!
    Love that drawstring backpack. Peace to you too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh your backbag is so lovely. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely backpack and I love the flower power tie-dyed fabric! I was a child of the 60's LOL!!! Peace out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, does that bring back memories. Your back pak is adorable. My oldest granddaughter (24) would love that. Colors and all. A great change up too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet back pack for the summer holiday. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always make the cutest quilts, with or without flowers. I do love that flower power bag...definitely my era!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this back pack! The pop art flower and peace sign warms my heart and brings back fond memories of days gone by. (I'm dating myself, aren't I?) I don't create flower quilts much either, so I really am impressed by your brilliant idea. Luv & peace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flower power - what a blast from the past. Great looking backpack bag; I agree, the original outside is too cute to relegate it to the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the backpack and it was fun to see your other flower projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I think we all struggle at time coming up with a unique project and I think your back pack is unique and memorable. Love the flower on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha very cute love it... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that 60's feel to this bag... great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're just full of flower projects - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh they are all such pretty projects!!! I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite.. thanks for sharing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Selina, these are all such fun projects! I love small projects and you've got a great sampling. The bag is precious -- great job making it reversible (though I agree it would be a shame to damage your darling design). The flowers on the new doll quilt are really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.