Tuesday, May 24, 2016

H2H 2016 - Another year for the record books

Congratulations to Sarah over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict who has organized another terrific Hands to Help Challenge.  A record number of quilters have participated this year creating a record number of quilts for various charities world wide.  If you click on the link it will take you to the linky party for the event. People will be posting their contributions through Saturday.

I decided to make 3 quilts, 1 for each of this years primary organizations.

When I went back to link my quilts I found that I never posted them completed.  I did post each of them as in progress but never as finished.

So I will post all of them here and now.


I'd been wanting to make a plus quilt for awhile.  Thought it would be a great time to try it out.


Didn't use a pattern but figured it out from the hundreds of posting on pinterest.  Busted some of my stash for the front.


I tripped over a pattern on Moda Bake shop called Lawn Chair Quilts.  I started it many years ago. Found it in a box in my sewing room and determined that this would be a great time to finish it up.



 and last but not least

I started this one as a leader/ender  a couple of months ago.  Started to run out of time and just had to go for the blocks as a project to meet deadline.  I finished it this afternoon. Used up lots of 2.5 squares.


I got the block pattern from Linda at Flourishing Palms. This links to her quilt using this block with her scrap squares.  She chose a different layout for her version.


The girls felt the need to help with the pictures.  They have claimed the wall as their own. They have both demonstrated their agility by jumping over it.  Very scary to witness since they have rather low centers of gravity and rather short legs.


Thank you Sarah for all of your hard work and the untold hours spent sewing and coordinating this challenge for all the recipients around the world who will benefit.

15 comments:

  1. Your quilts are all wonderful, Selina....but I love the last one with your puppies
    They look pretty cute ther too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheerful quilts to encourage others. Well done! And you've reminded me that I should do a Plus quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three lovely quilts sure to put a smile on someone's face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three very pretty quilts. They will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful quilts, Selina - you've outdone yourself this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three gorgeous looking quilts! I love seeing designed quilts for charity. I just feel like there's more emotion stitched into them rather than just sewing squares together mindlessly. Your generosity is awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job on all the quilts. I especially like the lsast one. These will be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made three very wonderful quilts, Selina. Sarah is in for another successful challenge...thanks to you and many others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work, the quilts are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all three quilts, Selina, and I'm sure they will be so appreciated! I saw some pups this weekend...I wanted to bring them all home. There was a new 4 year old dwarf bull dog and I cracked up because it kept lifting his short leg for me to shake his huge paw. So uncoordinated! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Selina, your quilt for Covered in Love got here today and it is great! Thanks so much for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the patio and wall! And quilt! Did MJ put in the patio and wall? I would get nervous when the girls jump the wall too. Glad they can get over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the patio and wall! And quilt! Did MJ put in the patio and wall? I would get nervous when the girls jump the wall too. Glad they can get over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three of these turned out beautifully. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.