Friday, April 15, 2016

Home again Home again - Jiggity jig

Got back late last night from a 9 day vacation with my sister. We went back to NJ to visit with many friends and family.  One of the reasons we left NJ was the winter cold.  We thought that going back in April was a good idea. HA.  We spent a few minutes is a sale bin at the local Walmart and found these for $2 a pair.

I had a lot of fun visiting with old friends.  We had a lot of show and tell
P made the scrubby for me and gave me the left overs to make another. I saw the green in Micheals and picked it up, you know just in case I couldn't find any in FL.


I caught up with my friend P for breakfast and then a trip to one of our favorite yarn shops.  
I found these 4 skeins on sale and figured they would be happier with me than in the bin.


Ended up back at P's house where I gave her a quick class on making rope coasters. She made 2 on her own before I left.
Left her and went to my nieces to have a late Easter family dinner.  My sister wanted to bring something to do with her grand son so we picked up a parachute cord bracelet making kit. We made this one before we went so she had an idea what she was heading into.  This was the test. Not bad for a couple of beginners. He didn't miss the Pink set.



While we were in Michaels picking up the bracelet kit. I picked up some yarn to make a few hats for Angel Snug while we had down time at the hotel.


Also in my down time I tried to keep up on my Quilty 365 circle blocks.  Gone 9 days, home with 8 finished blocks.


On our way to meet an old friend for lunch I  took sissy to one of my favorite quilt shops, Pennington Quilt Works in Pennington, NJ.    I picked up this group of fat quarters that I have some tentative plans for.


Couldn't pass up on this little pack of 2.5 inch squares


Or this yardage of 4 fabrics from the remnant room



Met another friend for lunch and went to another quilt shop.  Found these fabrics in their remnant room. The gears are Riley Blake from 2013.  Got 5 yards at $4 a yard. CaChing. 


I also picked up two specialty rulers which I forgot to photograph.

In summation we ate well, we visited with 8 family members and 7 old friends.  I had 2 bagels, a pork roll sandwich and fried chicken. None of which can we find in Florida that we like as well. Purchased so much craft stuff that I had to mail a box of it home.

All in all a wonderful trip any way you slice it.

7 comments:

  1. Your trip almost sounds whirlwind, but I'm sure everything and every stop and every purchase was at standard pace. LoL. Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was reading your March entry you were writing this entry...weirdo!!! Could definitely relate to eating in NJ what you can't get in FL or NC either. And 9 days there was worth all the fabric, yarn, food and friends. I was also reading PAQs email last night. How I miss their back room! Curious to know what other shop you were at for yarn and for $4/yd fabric? Guess I'm just jealous that you and sis went back to NJ. Not sure we're I would start...maybe American Diner.....and PQS and Lakewood fabric shop (I can't remember the name!!) And then a good deli. And mix the time visiting some friends along with time for my 92 yr young Aunt! Enough about my fantasy.....have to catch up with your quilty 365 and what projects in your mind for the FQs and yarn? I'll be thinking of you while I'm helping spread 20 bags of mulch around!! Miss you!! XOXOXOXO
    June-NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip you had, very productive in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to catch up with old friends. I bet I wouldn't want to return home! Happy for you to get to do that, eat well, and enjoy crafting time too. The perfect kind of trip… except for needing to wear gloves. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where an I find the pattern for the baby hats?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful trip and that you had a great time! Your knit hats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great trip and it sounds like you accomplished quite a bit. It is nice that you have your sister to vacation with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.