This is another lettuce container filled with pieces of a would be quilt. I find that these containers are perfect for storing small projects. They are see through and stack well and are basically free.
I think that I will be using this container full for a project for Margaret's Hope Chest. Amanda Jean at http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2014/06/scrap-basket-quilt-along-introduction.html
is hosting a QAL for this great organization.
They are in need of boys quilts and this should be perfect. I have no recollection of what these are
leftovers from but they will be fun to play with this week. Hopefully I will have another completed UFO to show off next week.
Start of today's posting. not quite a week later but completed is completed.
If you have been reading along you know that I have not been doing much in the way of sewing in the last couple of weeks. Well I started up again with gusto on Thursday evening.
I was so excited to be sewing I never actually thought through what it was that I was doing. I spent Thursday evening adding sashing to both sides of all 20 blocks. Then I went into a full blown funk when I discovered I didn't have enough of the bright yellow strips to sash the bottom and top of the blocks.
Stuck a couple of the blocks on the wall and realized that I was only supposed to add the strip to one side of the block. I went to bed a very unhappy quilter.
Friday evening I calmly ripped off the additionsl sides and low and behold I had enough to sash all the way around. DUH !
Saturday was a much better quilting day. Got the top totally finished. I'm hoping that I will get it sandwiched and quilted this week.
Right on track for my August 1st commitment and another UFO brought to a happy completion. All of the blocks and sashing fabric was in the lettuce container that I unearthed in my quilt room in May. I only nneded to add the cornerstones and border from my stash. The HST were already done, they just needed to be trimmed to a uniform size.