Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Finish, A Winner and a New Start


This is the finished quilt for Margaret's Hope Chest. It is the completion of my Boys quilt for the Quilt Along with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts.


It's due on August 1, I got it in the mail yesterday.


I found a great 100% cotton sheet with little navy dots for the backing.


A bunch of squiggles and a done deal.

Next Up,  Congrats to Bonnie for winning the 2 charm packs in my giveaway.  I sent her an email earlier today and am hoping  to hear from her soon with her mailing address.

And  up next is a spontaneous start to a new quilt.  While I was doing my squiggles on the just finished quilt I was watching U Tube videos of the Missouri Star Tutorials. Up came a quilt called X's and O's.

I was hooked.  I have a load of greens in my stash, close to twice as much as any other color. So I pulled a bunch and started to cut strips



And then squares


and more squares


and then I had a bowl full. 

I now have 20 of the 35 blocks that I need finished. I'll have pictures, hopefully of the whole top by the weekend.





7 comments:

  1. Wow, girl, you've been busy!!! Can't wait to see your green quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Margaret's HOpe Chest quilt came out so cute! I can't wait to see your green scrappy x's and o's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a great finish ! Will be watching to see your X and O quilt , you have things well prepared :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. Those tuts on Missouri Star are dangerous for the To Make list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another finish already, Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing your green X & O top
    I must get motivated!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I won. Now maybe I can get back to my quilts. I haven't accomplished much lately and hopefully these charm packs will get me going. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited about winning that I forgot to tell you how cute your quilt is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.