Saturday, July 14, 2012

This is what...

This is what 16 finished Swoon blocks looks like.  It's really hard to show them when they aren't put together.  Actually once they are put together they won't be easy to show either.



I finished up the last one this morning.  What a great feeling of accomplishment.  This evening or maybe tomorrow i will start on the back.  My idea for the back is an 80 inch Swoon block.


Yeah, I am a little crazy. It's a king size quilt and the back was going to have to be pieced anyway so why not make it count.  I found some funky red/pink Christmas fabric and some funky Green fabric on sale at the LQS.  Found some great cream fabric with huge snowflakes for the background.  When all is said and done it should be a reversible for the holidays.  I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

  1. You're not crazy... you have a GREAT idea for the back! "..reversible for the holidays..." is sheer genius!!! Love it!

    You GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea for the back too! WIll be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a brilliant idea to have a holiday back for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thats gonna be one jumbo swoon block! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scrappy blocks! You'll have a great time making the back!
    June - NJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. making the back a giant swoon block is rad, and so is making it holiday colors so it's reversible! brilliant, I say. go you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.