Thursday, April 28, 2011

the Find

So being true to my word I headed into the quilt room in search of the 2 tops I had started and then put aside. The room is in disaray and fabric doesn't always go back in the drawers that it came from so finding the first project was tough.  Thankfully it was a red, white and blue piece so it stood out from the fabrics piled on and under it on the cutting table.  I took it out and stuck it to the wall to discover that all it needs is the border.  I can't for the life of me figure out what I did next that got me sidetracked so close to a finish line.  I will definetly get this top done by Saturday night so it makes it to the Completed in April list.

The second project was also buried in stuff but I did remember putting all of the pieces done to that point in a plastic lettuce container for safe keeping.  All I needed todo was look for a big lump.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the 48  9 patch blocks were pretty much complete and I was up to the sashing which when complete puts pinwheels in between the corners of the blocks. i think I stopped this one because I didn't know what color pinwheels I wanted. Hopefully we will have a sunny weekend so I can audition fabrics in good light.  Maybe I will then be able to get this done in the next couple of week.

Take care.  me

1 comment:

  1. A plastic lettuce container as a project box.... great idea!


Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.