Thursday, March 14, 2019

So What's New

It's been a busy few weeks in my sewing room.  Still waiting for the new table for my embroidery machine but that hasn't slowed me down one little bit.

I have been diligently working on my piece for the All About Strings blog hop coming up the week of the 25th of this month.  Just some of the strings I have been using.



In and around those projects I have been doing some embroidery for Easter.  I got a great bunny embroidery pattern by Brenda at Song Bird Designs


I've tested him on a couple of mug rugs and have requests for a couple of placemats which I hope to get to in the next week or so.



I have a friend who asked for a small gift for a charity auction for which she is the coordinator.  I again used the sweet bunny, this time for the front of a basket. I made several FSL Easter ornaments and will add Chocolates just before her event in mid April.



We will be having a new arrival in the family this summer and I thought I'd give a Burp Cloth a try. My local quilt shop has monthly Kimberbell classes.  I saw this little fella and had to have him.



My quilt guild had a baby shower for a local organization that supports unwed moms and families in need with very small children.  I contributed these 5 quickie receiving blankets made using the Missouri Star Quilt tutorial with fabric donated by other members of the group.



Then I saw these adorable little bears on Kreative Kiwi Embroidery I just had to make a couple and then make them sleeping bags.

The shower was a great success.  I play with a wonderfully generous group of ladies.  They filled 10 cafeteria type tables with goods ranging from quilts, diapers, onseies, toys and games for kids 5 and under and on and on.



So just one more fun photo. Its  of my girls who are feeling neglected of late.  They have a bed in my sewing room but have now taken to napping in the living room with the dad where they get a little bit more attention than I have been showing them since the Machine arrived in December. Don't they look deprived. tee, hee

Well that brings me up to date excluding the upcoming hop. You'll just have to come back on the 25th to see those happenings.  Hope to see you then.



5 comments:

  1. That bunny embroidery pattern is SO adorable! All of your fabric playing is terrific. Your are a wonderfully giving generous being. The pups might not agree with that right now though. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy indeed, love the basket and the ornaments are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always so busy, sewing and giving to others. Those bears and their sleeping bags are just adorable! And didn't those quilting gals turn out a gorgeous spread of kid things to donate?! It was so nice to participate in that. Love seeing your girls who indeed look quite neglected. :-) Just like we "neglect" our boy. Gotta say that I'm looking forward to your turn on the "strings" blog hop. I always have many more scraps than stashed fabrics, so it's nice to know another way to put scrap strips to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little bears and sleeping bags are adorable...I think I need to make some, too! My dogs always think they are deprived when I'm sewing. I love your dog pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.