Monday, January 15, 2018

Post #2 for 2018

Not too bad, 2 weeks between posts.  Better than I've been in some time.

I want to start with a couple of pictures of my Christmas gifts from my crafty friends.
My friend P is a knitter first and a quilter second.  This year I got a lot of knitting from her and a tiny bit of quilting.



First is the phenomenal knitted table runner with snow flakes.  These were what made my Florida Christmas, White.  Here are 2 Pictures of it. 


My first thought was that it was a scarf, heaven forbid that I read the note that came with it telling me it was table runner.


Then there is the fun Flamingo Sun Glass holder, I just love it.


And last but not least is the set of coasters that match the Quilted Place-mats she made for me last year which match the Quilted Table Runner  from the year before.  It is amazing how far scraps can go.


My friend B, made me a scrap fabric wreath for the second time.  The first one apparently disappeared during my move from NJ to FL.  She kindly, with just a bit of verbal abuse, made me another.

 We have been making each other gifts for the better part of 40 years.  Visiting either of our homes during the holidays gives a running list of what we've been doing in the way of crafting for all of that time.  Some very lame items and some beauties. All made and given with love.  Over the years we have postponed holiday celebrating til a gift was completed.  One year I was late to a holiday party at her home because I was finishing her gift between the family brunch at my home and cocktails at hers. 45 years of friendship, can't beat it.

Now back to my handy work.


First up are the blocks made for the #venturamodernquiltguild who are making quilts for the victims of the Thomas Fire in Ca.  Sent blocks and prayers.



Up to 18 of 30 blocks in 30 days. definitely started using scraps.


My sister requested some vinyl zip bags for travel.  This is the start of the first of  four.



Last year closed with a biggy.  I  got my first new car in 8 years.  It's a Rav4.  I got it on the 30th, my  birthday.  MJ thought I needed to catch up with technology.  I think he might have been right. I am having a great time with it.  The color is Aqua, which is a sparkly darkish Aqua in bright sunlight.  It changes color based on the light.  Sometimes its a beautiful Navy and sometimes jet black.  Let me tell you it is a bear to find in a parking lot when you don't know what color car you're looking for. : }

I think that gets me up to the minute. Hope to get back before month end.  Take care.

.

3 comments:

  1. I like the snow flake thingy, Is it a scarf or table runner. Although it looks great as either. Your new car is a beauty. And as for as color, I can't find my and I know what color it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh... first with the scarf/table runner and then with the car changing colors. You received some nice handmade gifts. I really love the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.