Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Virtual Cookie Exchange 2018

First and foremost - Thank you Carol of Just Let Me Quilt for coordinating this wonderful annual event. And thank you fellow hoppers for sharing your cookies, quilts and traditions at this fun filled time of year.

Ok, I need to start with the fact that I don't bake.  I can cook anything but I lack baking skills. I Quilt.

This cookie recipe is short and sweet (and gluten free).  I got it from my sister who bakes and was confident that I could do it.

I am writing this portion of the blog on November 10.  Today I made my trial batch of easy Peanut Butter cookies.  I did photograph the entire process just in case it was a perfect outcome. In the past hour I have taste tested at least 5 of the cookies, and can report that they taste wonderful.

The recipe is
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

That's it.

Who knew you didn't have to put flour in a cookie mixture.


Mix the 3 ingredients together and using a 1 inch scoop drop on a cookie sheet,  press down with a fork in 2 directions and bake for 12 minutes (see the edit below) in a 350 degree oven.



I don't know what a 1 inch scoop is so I used  a heaping 1/2 a tablespoon full.

I have taken a picture of my uncooked cookies with a KCup on the pan so you could see the size of my pre baked cookies.   I got about 24 cookies from this batch.  You can also see in the pictures that I added a chocolate chip or two to a few of the cookies.  I can not leave well enough alone.




I thought that my sister got way fewer cookies so I cut the cooking time back to 11 minutes.

I took another picture with the KCup to show how much they grew.


Yes, these are very small cookie sheets, they measure in at 9 x 12



I guessed that I was supposed to cool on a wire rack, it's what's done right?  Well I don't own a wire rack so I used the rack that goes in the pan to hold your roasts with parchment paper so the cookies wouldn't fall through.

The cookies came out very tasty but very close to, but not burned.  I guess 10 minutes would have been better.  Good thing I like crisp cookies.

So next week I will try again baking for only 10 minutes and maybe adding a pecan or something else to the top.

Edit for retrial Dec. 5 

I know this is a last minute retry.  I forgot I needed to retry this process with different timing. 

I checked with my sister and she did make much bigger cookies.  Hers were actually thicker, so that explains the need for a change to the cooking time.

I made my cookies the same size as my originals.


This group got M&M Christmas Trees.  I know that M&M melt in your mouth not in your hand.  I needed to find out if they melted in the oven.


I made basically no changes in the recipe or the size of my cookies with the exception of replacing the chocolate chips with the M&M's.


Also found that I had these mesh racks that came with my little cookie sheets that made pretty decent cooling trays.

I baked today's batch for 10 minutes and that seemed perfect.  I did notice that I needed to let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to set.


You can see the cookie on the top right got a bit broken up because I moved it a little too soon.




If you look closely you will see that some of the M&M's cracked but none actually melted.


I took this batch of cookies (both the M&M's and plain) to today's Guild Meeting.  Didn't have to bring any of them home.
I think that says it all.

So if you got this far you have a chance at winning a Christmas Goodie bag.  I have a few small Christmas goodies that need to be given to someone to help brighten their holidays.  To have a chance just leave a comment.  I'll pick a name after midnight Friday (bright and early Saturday) December 9.

These are the links to all of the great participants in this fun hop.  Stop by and get some super ideas for the holidays and chances to win things and get free patterns and wonderful cookie recipes.  You have nothing to lose and so much to gain (couldn't resist).

Thanks for stopping by for the holiday visit.  Enjoy

December 5 

















44 comments:

  1. Thank you for your recipe, being gluten free it is especially helpful as the days we all know someone that has a gluten free diet. Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe. My daughter-in-law is gluten free and these cookies would be perfect for her. I will make them for Christmas this year and see how she likes them. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy and I love love your little m&m trees, perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made these cookies before, and they are delicious and so easy to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like delicious cookies, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite recipe for pb cookies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tink's Mom,
    These cookies look delicious and SO easy! Who knew - no flour?! I have a few gluten-free folks in my posse so this is very handy. I'm going to PIN your recipe so I can access it later. Happy Holidays to you and your family. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never realized a peanut butter cookie could be made without flour and taste so good. Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many congratulations on your Cookie Endeavor, you may just become a Very Merry Baker after all! I like how you experiment but kept it at a control..keeping the sizes the same each time. You will perfect this cookie for sure! Have a blessed holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Selina I never heard of peanut butter cookies without flour before. I bet it is more like candy? Looks so yummy. I would rather sew than cook or bake anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cookies sounds tempting. Love all the cookie exchange recipe ideas. rozz01(at)cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.netDecember 6, 2017 at 10:00 AM

    The m&m's make a nice decoration. I sometimes mix them in with the chocolate chips when I make chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, that is the recipe my gr-grandmother used! I remember it being my job to dip the fork in flour and make a criss-cross on the cookie. I love this recipe and the memories you've brought back with it. I also loved that you sampled enough to make sure they were perfect and gave us some alternate toppings. Thanks for sharing the recipe and playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think I will make these with my 11 yo granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking cookies! I always enjoy trying out new cookie recipes this time of the year with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love peanut butter and know these cookies would disappear quick here. Thanks for sharing! PS: I prefer my cookies almost burnt. Love the crunch! LOL!! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We make m and m cookies too and also peanut butter ones. But have never tried them together. Will try that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gotta try this recipe when I am making pumpkin cookies this weekend. It appears to be just cooked peanut butter. Looking forward.

    tushay3 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to try these! I can already smell the peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never seen a recipe for cookies that didn't use flour! They look wonderful!

    hulseybg at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for all the testing you did with these cookies. My Grammy had a recipe like this and I remember the cookies were very good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute post. Love all the different versions of your cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never had peanut butter cookies without flour. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I love an easy cookie recipe with NO FLOUR!!! How awesome is that!! I'll be making these with my grands and we definitely will have to try them with the M&Ms! Thank you for sharing your recipe and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am not much a baker either! Thank you for a can-do recipe, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks so simple to do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh - three ingredients! and one of them is peanut butter. I'm going to make this week for sure! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. and you said you don't bake hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  29. I see the beginnings of a great baker in your future... Really - no flour - I expected these to be the unbaked kind. I will definitely be giving your recipe a try. Thanks for all the tips and thanks, too, to your sister. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love these cookies. We've been making them since I was a little girl and they have SO much flavor. Your experience was fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! Oh, yum -who knew that you didn't need flour for peanut butter cookies! Those are among my faves too. Wow, it looks like a pretty thorough study really produced beautiful cookies. I can understand how they're all gone! Time to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun. This would be great with kids. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  33. No flour and baked - awesome looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I had no idea that you could make peanut butter cookies with no flour. Very neat. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cookies look great. I am amazed that you can make cookies with out flour! I love peanut butter cookies too...I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love these cookies! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I haven't made peanut butter cookies in years. I may have to try these. The M&Ms look great on there.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those look delicious! I love your M & M trees too. And I wouldn't have guessed that you can make cookies without flour. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the m&m trees! I’m going to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  41. We adore peanut butter cookies around here! It has never occurred to me to add M&M's to the top! What a great idea...now I need to bake a batch! Thanks for the eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love these cookies. We've been making them since I was a little girl and they have SO much flavor. Your experience was fun to see.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.