Friday, June 9, 2017

Crazy Mom Quilts - Oh My

I have been following Amanda Jean Nyberg of crazymomquilts for as long as I have been blogging.  I have always admired her work and I have tried many of the ideas she so generously shares.

Since I picked up her latest book No Scrap Left Behind I've gotten a little obsessed with her.  I am currently working on 2 of the quilts in the book "Remainders"


and "Mini Nines" which I am making slightly larger than the book, sorry no pictures yet.

I've also made "Cards" from the book 


There were 4 more but they have been sent to quilting buddies around the country.  These are so easy and so fun to make.

Big Nines is a quilt she posted about last month. I loved it and have a quilt top of my spin  on it ready for sandwiching.


My nines are floating around in their blocks, hers are centered.

I also follow her on IG . Last week she posted her knitted pin cushion.  I hunted a pattern down on google, there are a couple out there.


I knitted some and then decided that I could crochet them faster.



Here are the knitted pieces.  Once you make each rectangle you sew it first row to last row making a tube, then you fold it over on its self  like a turtle neck sweater.  Stick the smallest into the middle of the middle size and them into the middle of the large one. 


I took the picture on the cutting board so you could get the measurements.  I used a #8 knitting needle and a H crochet hook.

OK so  I'm not quite done with my Crazy Mom Quilts this week.  She has out of the goodness of her heart started a June QAL of one of her quilts from the book. The quilt is called "June".


I've started to pull my strings. 

This October she will be coming to Central Florida Modern Quilt Guild to do a Trunk Show and a Workshop, I'm so looking forward to meeting her in person. 



7 comments:

  1. I love Crazy Mom Quilts!! She always has some amazing project or another going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Selina,
    I love your floating nine-patch blocks. So colorful and fun! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you have been a busy girl! Love those half square triangles. I've got a basket full that some day... :-)
    My aunt gave me a knitted pin cushion years ago. It's the greatest. Now you have inspired me to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the floating nine patch and the half-square triangles quilts. Great ways to use scraps and stash. I have really enjoyed all the wonderful blogs and ideas that I've come across as I have started blogging. So many ideas, so little time. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit of a Crazy Mom Quilts "fan girl", too! I met her at Quilt Con and had her sign my book. I made her coffee ornaments for my Knit Group last year and am in the middle of doing the June QAL. Have fun with all of your projects, as they are looking SEW good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blog post, and you helped me make such a fun card with it!
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your site and content. thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.