Sunday, May 21, 2017

H2H 2017 - Quilt #3 Finished + so much more

TA DA
#3 is finished and will be in the mail tomorrow to Camp Hobe


A perfect kids quilt full of fun monsters bound in polka dots.


I used this great backing for #3 and for the project below


These mats were made for the St Louis Humane Society. Due to all the bad storms in that area they hooked up with The Quilt Pattern Magazines program TQPM Small Kennel Quilt Team who coordinate with quilters all over the country in times of need to supply quilted pads much like placemats for small animals in their care.




Our Chapter, Big Cypress Quilters, of The Villages Quilt Guild has taken on a new charity project.  We will be working with FHFC ( Florida Hospital for Children). Our primary project will be with the Neo Natal Unit but if they have other sewn needs they will let us know ad we will determine if we can help or not.   An example are these face masks for Prom.


They asked if we could make them for the  patients who needed to wear face masks when they went to the Prom that the hospital arranges for them.




These are a couple of examples of the work we are doing for the preemies. I took pictures on my cutting mat so you could have an idea of how tiny these little hospital gowns are.


Pretty much the gowns are 8 1/2 inches square.  The hearts are 5 inch squares.
The hearts go home with the mom and dad. They wear them for 24 hours and then return them to the baby with their scent on them for baby/parent bonding.


The strip is for hiding very sensitive eyes from the lights during procedures. The center section is lined with black felt to keep the light out.  



I am also working on 2 scrap projects from Amanda Jean Nyberg's new book "No Scrap Left Behind"
Here are a couple of pics I took at the beginning of "Remainders"


I've done a couple of hundred more since this picture.  They are now in baggies since I needed my wall back.


I'm also working on "Mini Nines" but not quite as mini as hers.  Her quilt started with 1 inch squares for the 9 patches, mine started with 1 1/2 inch squares.  Oops no pictures of the progress there. 

Off to my machines. Don't know what I'll be working on yet.  Depends on what catches my eye.  Whatever it turns out to be I'm feeling productive. 




7 comments:

  1. Hi Selena. Haven't seen much of you lately. But I do see you have been busy. What great volunteer programs to be in. The preemie donations are precious. And a fantastic idea for the heart, I'm assuming the hospital came up with that. hope this finds you doing well.
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very generous with your talent. There will be one happy camper when they receive your H2H quilt. Those are fun fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your H2H quilt - simple but so much fun! Thanks for being part of H2H 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat scrappy project and bright and cheerful quilt for a good cause! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your site and content. thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made great progress.This is really pretty and good idea on site !

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.