Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Quilted Gift - sorta and a little crocheting

Last week I received a package in the mail from a friend in NC.  The  box contained a Tee Shirt, this collection of yarns

A pattern book for the pink yarn and a small pile of fabric.

Digging through the fabric I found 23 pinwheel blocks.  If she thought that she was going to move something from her UFO pile to mine she was mistaken.


I took her blocks and some of the other fabrics from her pile and came up with this sweetheart of a quilt. 


I had 3 left over blocks that I added to the back. This quilt is going back to her in today's mail. J if you are reading this, don't get any ideas. This is a one shot deal.

Yesterday I was over at Debby Kratovil's Blog and she was showing some crocheted potholders.  They were very neat and very easy  potholders to whip up.



I got this one done in about 2 hours while watching the season openers of NCIS and NCIS New Orleans.  Once you have made the chain there is no counting, no paying attention required until the end when you need to  do the loop.

Off to work on some quilty Christmas gifts that I have got started,  4 started, need to focus on any one of them and get it done. You understand, not getting side tracked with things like misc crocheting  projects.

12 comments:

  1. i got some yarn from craftsy that was kitchen yarn. can't find it at walmart . is that what you used or is it alright to make them with regular yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinwheel quilt, what a lovely friend you are to finish it off The crotchet potholder is a great idea, I have not crotchet for years, I wonder if I still remember how to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee Hee - can i send you some of my orphans and get a completed quilt back? Wouldn't do that to you - I send them to Sarah instead. I saw those pot holders on Deb's post - I don't crochet , but did send the link to those I know who do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, your mailbox is going to be bursting at the seams! Imagine how many UFOs there are out here in your readership, lol! Very pretty. The potholder is lovely, wish I knew how to crochet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt makes me smile. Quite generous of you to put it together for J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable quilt! I love pinwheels.

    The crochet potholders are the perfect project for watching tv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart. Both you and the quilt. The pinwheels look great with the sashing, and I really like the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you re-gifted the blocks as a quilt. You're so generous! And I really like where you photographed the quilt. We have some fun places around here, don't we? Great idea for pot holders, though do you know if they're good protection from heat? I'd be nervous about picking up a hot dish without some "insulation!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a woman and such a good friend to sew those up for her. It turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm up too early to be reading your blog...you are soooo funny! And the "pink" yarn is "salmon"and it's cotton!! I'll have another care package for you in Dec..
    Oh....Should I post your addy here??
    Really love and miss ya'll!
    June-NC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm up too early to be reading your blog...you are soooo funny! And the "pink" yarn is "salmon"and it's cotton!! I'll have another care package for you in Dec..
    Oh....Should I post your addy here??
    Really love and miss ya'll!
    June-NC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those potholders--they are the best! I try to make one about every year for myself or someone else. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.