I came across the blog http://www.uberchicforcheap.com/2012/01/refashion-diy-color-block-tees.html with this wonderful idea for refashioned tee shirts.
Monday lunch hour I spent shopping for tee shirts. Tuesday evening I spent just under an hour cutting and putting back together 2 new shirts. It would have taken less time if I hadn't been soooo excited about the project that I missed the fact that 3 inches into the second shirt my bobbin ran dry. I noticed it at the end after having sewn completely around the top and having removed every single pin.
If you look closely you can see the rain on the orange part of the shirt. So we got no picture of the other one you know I'm just a little too old to do the wet tee shirt thing ; } Also, the seam does lay flat if I wasn't in such a hurry to beat the rain, I didn't bother to check in the mirror and my photographer didn't want to get wet either. The other shirt has the beige top and orange bottom, just in case you didn't guess that part.
I went into this project thinking I would use them as nite shirts if they didn't turn out. So happy it was a complete success. I love the way they turned out. I live in tee shirts in my free time. This shirt, I actually wore to work. I spent $5.99 for each shirt.
Have a great week.