I did a little of this, these are 2 inch unfinished 9 patches, more about them in a future post.
And a little of that, self stripping knit wash clothes that I started while on vacation earlier this month.
Well baby came on Monday, I found out on Thursday. That was the motivation I apparently needed. Thursday night I put the front together. Since the blocks were already done it took less than 2 hours to finish.
Friday night I put the back together.
This too was a speedy job. Saturday between errands and eating ( a very important part of our Saturday) I sandwiched and quilted it with a wiggly grid. Got up this morning and did the binding.
Called that pretty close didn't I. That's all I had left of the red thread when i finished attaching the binding.
While the quilt was in the wash I was feeling giddy that it was finished and made a cutie pie stuffed bear to go with it.
There is a back story to this quilt. When I volunteered to make it my niece, friend of the mom, didn't care what I did so long as it wasn't baby ish. Her husband asked if I could do something reflecting the new dad's love of the New York Rangers Hockey Team, he didn't care how much or how little. Sounded like a plan to me. First problem was that we couldn't find any yardage for the team anywhere. My niece and her husband did find a pair of mens PJ bottoms with Ranger logos in a knit fabric. Not ideal but heck, it worked.
As you can see from all of the pictures I pretty much treated the front and back as separate quilts. His and hers.
Really happy with how it all turned out. I still have a little of the Rangers fabric left and a little of the green left, I'm thinking maybe a bib or two before I turn it over to the new owner.